Home Sports Talk
Options

Cam Newton to New England !

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is soft !

Comments

• Options

BILL BELECHEK bestest coach in the history of the world worstest GM in the history of the world

Cut brady loose to save 10 million , (pay AB 10 million for 1 GAME !!! :D ) Declare stidham the next guy then hire flashy creampuff Cam Newton to play instead .

Bill Belechek the GM worse than monkeys throwing darts at a dartboard with names on it

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Classic Belichick. I’m not at all a fan of Newton, I’m shocked they would even consider him with his piss poor attitude

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ultra soft

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the fudgitty fudge is Bill thinking about here? :#
    This sucks.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    What the fudgitty fudge is Bill thinking about here? :#
    This sucks.

I agree. I assume that he thinks this could be lightning in a bottle. I don't like Newton as a player. What I know of him in terms of charity, and a lot of it anonymous, is quite respectable. But the SB fumble business decision was terrible.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be a spoof news story because Bill Belichick would never sign this guy.

But it's a hilarious spoof indeed, and my hats off to the anonymous person who first posted this I would guess in some obscure internet chat room and now there are millions believing it.

😲

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

this decision really surprises me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody needs to follow Belichick around and see if he hasn't been buying tainted drugs off some local street corner drug dealer causing him massive hallucinations.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear this guys. I'm going to put it like this, look at it in terms of a meal.

Tom Brady.

Cam Newton.

• Options
    edited June 28, 2020 10:44PM

What to know about Cam Newton:

He has taken a lot of rough hits in Carolina, and endured a lot of injuries, but his accuracy isn't that great, he misses open receivers, and he can't run like he did early in his career. He's got a lot of mileage on him. Who knows, maybe somehow, he'll play well in New England, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I don't think he's anywhere near elite. In his best season, he won the MVP, but that was also the same season he didn't dive on that fumble in the Super Bowl and the Denver Broncos scooped it up and scored. Being a Panthers fan who lives in North Carolina, I've had to watch him for years, so I know the stress he can cause with his boneheaded play. I can't count how many times I've seen him miss open receivers, and miss throws. The best advice I can give you guys is don't expect too much, and find something to relieve stress.

• Options
    edited June 28, 2020 10:45PM

And be prepared because these are some of the latest fashion styles headed your way.

• Options
    edited June 28, 2020 10:40PM

😂 I have to show this one one more time.

• Options

Oh, and sometimes his cleats have a tail.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst decision in the history of New England sports.
    This guy is nothing but a selfish clown show.

• Options
    edited June 29, 2020 4:21AM

The only thing I liked about Cam Newton was when he used to give the football to a kid after he scored a touchdown, but outside of that I just never liked his demeanor and his attitude. MCMLVTopps is right, it was one big selfish clown show. He cared more about prancing around in his little clownsuits more than anything. The Super Bowl incident was the most selfish thing I've ever seen a player do. If I was him during that fumble, I would have been fighting with everything I have to get that ball. I would've dove after that ball like I was Rocky Balboa fighting Ivan Drago!!

• Options

If he was a dieon sanders level snappy dresser I'd be ok but yikes

• Options

He looks like a complete idiot in those get ups. Not exactly sure how he thinks that’s stylish, but what do I know I’m a jeans and T guy. I don’t happen to be worth a hundred million either though 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t like it. I don’t like it one bit says a Bills fan.
    One the upside for a Bills fan McDermitt and half the Bills defense knows Cam very, very well.
    Let’s see what Vegas thinks of Cam in New England. Before the signing the Bills and Patriots were a toss up to win the division.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    One the upside for a Bills fan McDermitt and half the Bills defense knows Cam very, very well.
    Let’s see what Vegas thinks of Cam in New England. Before the signing the Bills and Patriots were a toss up to win the division.

Trust me if Brady can’t score enough with what they had last year I highly doubt Cam will. Bills are still going to win the division in my opinion

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

Trust me if Brady can’t score enough with what they had last year I highly doubt Cam will. Bills are still going to win the division in my opinion

I think so too but we’ll see what magic BB can work this year. His career will forever be linked with TB and if he pulls off another 12-13 win season it’ll be one of his greatest accomplishments. He’s won with other QB’s when Brady went down so I’m not buying a ring just yet.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Yes, and one more thing, Cam has a tendency to sulk on the sideline when things aren't going his way. This wasn't good for team morale when he was with the Panthers, and former Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith actually called him out for it at one point.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a cheap gamble, they got him for $1m with all the rest as incentive based payouts.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    It's a cheap gamble, they got him for $1m with all the rest as incentive based payouts.

That’s the bottom line so it’s all good either way I guess

• Options

When most people have nightmares, they dream about earthquakes and things like that. Not me. This is the image I see when I have a nightmare.

• Options
    edited June 29, 2020 1:46PM

I used to have a normal face, but after Super Bowl 50, that changed. This is how my face has looked since that Sunday evening back in 2016. I can no longer talk properly, and I have to communicate with my wife through mumbles.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

whats a million bucks ? Bill paid AB that for 6 minutes of his time last year

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Local sports talk radio in the SF bay area today talked about the Newton signing by NE on a veteran's minimum contract. Richard Sherman made a comment that this signing was disgusting. The talk show hosts questioned whether Sherman's comment translates into a statement that signing Newton to a veteran's minimum contract is racist.

Sports talk radio and TV is getting to be like Jerry Springer's show.

• Options

Now that the original shock of this signing has passed I wouldn't be surprised if Newton doesn't even make it onto the Pats final roster coming out of training camp. If BB does decide to carry three QBs this season,I just checked and Stidham,Hoyer & Newton currently have a cap hit of just about 3M total not counting potential incentives. Compared to the rest of the NFL I would think that has to be the lowest paid QB group by any NFL team.
    Two other things on this signing I came across on Twitter:
    NE is the first team in history to lose an MVP then aquire another MVP in one offseason.
    Auburn paid Newton more than what NE is paying him on this new contract. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Now that the original shock of this signing has passed I wouldn't be surprised if Newton doesn't even make it onto the Pats final roster coming out of training camp. If BB does decide to carry three QBs this season,I just checked and Stidham,Hoyer & Newton currently have a cap hit of just about 3M total not counting potential incentives. Compared to the rest of the NFL I would think that has to be the lowest paid QB group by any NFL team.
    Two other things on this signing I came across on Twitter:
    NE is the first team in history to lose an MVP then aquire another MVP in one offseason.
    Auburn paid Newton more than what NE is paying him on this new contract. ;)

Yes, and that check was pretty nice.

• Options

Belichick just got up to the podium to announce this Cam Newton signing... B)

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Belichick just got up to the podium to announce this Cam Newton signing... B)

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

This thread is just fun as heck!

• Options

Here is a little taste of what Cam will look like in his Patriots uniform.

Bon Appetit!

• Options

But really Sherman wouldn’t care if it was Brady that signed that deal 🙄

• Options

@perkdog said:

But really Sherman wouldn’t care if it was Brady that signed that deal 🙄

You're right. And just because Cam Newton was MVP in 2015 doesn't mean squat, because since that season, he's been garbage.

• Options

If the pats bench or cut him its racism :D

• Options

@2dueces said:

Vegas has spoken, Cam has moved up to a top 10 MVP contender (+2500) at MGM.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@2dueces said:

Harry and Myers beg to differ

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

New England fans are like no other...they will eat his lunch.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@2dueces said:

Harry and Myers beg to differ

I won't be partaking in any shares, but the team/individual odds movement today has been significant. It will be interesting to see if they fade on this initial likely overreaction or maintain.

• Options

Now I know where I've seen that hat.

• Options

not cool man , all the northeast is without Arby's

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    not cool man , all the northeast is without Arby's

That sucks. Those juicy mouth watering roast beef sandwiches are one of my favorites. They go well together with nice hot curly fries. ;)

• Options

there are no curly fries in new england :'(

• Options
    edited June 30, 2020 9:59AM

@bronco2078 said:
    there are no curly fries in new england :'(

Now there, there, I'm sure you guys will get an curly fries up there someday. ;)

• Options

Ok I’m throwing it out there so you guys can make fun of me. I order a Large Roast Beef on an Onion Roll, well done, 1 slice of cheese, ketchup and Mayo.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Ok I’m throwing it out there so you guys can make fun of me. I order a Large Roast Beef on an Onion Roll, well done, 1 slice of cheese, ketchup and Mayo.

That is not bad at all, roast beef and cheese with onions is a wicked combination of flavor. Here is a roastbeef sandwich with cheese and onions inside of it. Just a thing of beauty!

• Options

we always had arby's as a kid around boston , been gone 15 or 20 years I'd say . I liked the french dip personally