Home Sports Talk
Options

galaxy27, thank you so much!

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was online doing my daily searches for rare boxing cards, when I heard a knock at the door, so I went to see who it was, and it was my postal worker and he had a box for me. I was immediately stunned, because I haven't ordered anything that would be arriving in a large box! So I couldn't wait to find out what was inside, so I took it to the living room and opened it up, and I was shocked to discover that galaxy27 has sent me an autographed James "buster "Douglas boxing glove! I just love it galaxy27!

I have always been a huge fan of Buster Douglas ever since I watched him pull off the biggest upset in boxing history when he knocked the unbeatable Mike Tyson out in Tokyo on February 11, 1990.

Here is the beautiful glove!

Comments

• Options

I've been wanting to start a Buster Douglas card collection for some time now, and now is that time. It has begun!!

• Options

This is an unbelievable act of kindness. I'm just speechless!

• Options
    edited June 27, 2020 12:33PM

That Buster Douglas knock out of Tyson was just vicious. A thing of beauty!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! What a nice gesture! Double D, your one of the best guys on here so I’m glad you got that gifted to you buddy, enjoy! @galaxy27 very nice of you to do that bud 🍻

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Wow! What a nice gesture! Double D, your one of the best guys on here so I’m glad you got that gifted to you buddy, enjoy! @galaxy27 very nice of you to do that bud 🍻

Thanks for the kind words perk, you guys are awesome! I'm still in shock over this!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is fantastic. there are some great guys out there

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.