Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1968 and 1967 Topps Registry Sets

I have to admit I really dont scan around the registry looking at sets, but this morning I started at 1969 and started backwards. Right away in the 1968 catagory there are just 3 amazing sets. Revere's Finest and Sulwap have me wishing I kept the 69 set. Any set at 93% with a GPA over 9 is astounding. Then I went to 1967 and there are 3 unbelieveable sets. Skylane, JW and Dan, I dont know what to say. I am extremely jealous! If 67 wasnt the weakest year in my stock I'd start one now!!! I am sure as I continue there will be more super sets. My new 1969 set is starting to creep upwards into 7th place in a short time. Its still a far cry from the 1st set but I'm going to be more determined to get there with a better set now that I really started to take a good look at the accomplishments of these fellow collectors.

Comments

• Options
    Gaspipe26,

What is impressive is Dan Markel's competitive sets that span over several years. In addition, 2 of the top 3 sets in 1968 were heavily supported by Dan Markel early in their development.

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Ron,
    There's alot of my cards in those 2-1968 sets too , in fact all three. Mostly the hi#'s.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    I'm barely hanging on to the Top Ten in both years, and owe much of that to those collectors above me on both lists, including Dan. I'm just trying to approach 8.00 (on each) by the time I am through updating and completing these sets.
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I collect '67, '68 and '69's. I haven't Registered my '68 set yet. All three years are classics and for any of you who are collecting just one or two of those years, I highly recommend starting sets with the other years! I collect some other years beyond '67-69, but those three are far and away better that any of the others I collect.

I've dealt with most of the collectors in those three years and they are simply the best group of people around and that of course includes you three guys.