Home Sports Talk
Options

Will MLB/NBA BOTH Complete Their Respective Seasons.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

This includes the World Series and NBA Championship. With the virus ever present I don't think so.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think that even if baseball does, it will be so short it will have a huge asterisk attached to it. I bet we will see someone hit 400 this year as well.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

NBA Commish announced today 16 players have tested positive for the virus. Declined to name the players.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

I still feel both sports season won't be completed.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NBA attempting to complete its season is really quite silly at this point.

It's only sports entertainment. Nothing that would cause the world to come to an end.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Don’t know but I do hope the NFL season is successful. If I’m forced to give an answer? No and No and sadly No again 😩

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we are seeing just how fragile all of this is and how quickly a whole team can be decimated.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I Don’t know but I do hope the NFL season is successful.

I completely agree. This virus if people use the proper precautions, is virtually impossible to transmit while outdoors. That is a fact. The NFL and MLB of course being outdoor sports. A domed stadium considering its size, is still like an outdoor sport.

I realize that fans and players need to go inside to use the bathrooms and perhaps purchase food and drink...the players need to use the dressing rooms, etc. However better air circulation and filtration devices could be installed to greatly lessen the chances of contracting this disease.

The NBA being an indoor sport, likely increases the chances of contracting this disease. However using proper precautions and using discipline as mentioned in other threads, can bring the chances of contracting this disease to as close to zero as possible.

My previous comment about the NBA was mainly geared towards starting up the season months after it was halted and being an indoor sport, again in my view is silly considering all these circumstances.

Starting the MLB season at this point was probably silly as well as it should have begun when it was regularly scheduled.

Well, it's all spilled milk now, and with some MLB players recently contracting the disease because they likely weren't disciplined enough to use the proper precautions, sadly at this point it appears that the MLB season may not continue, and the NFL season may not begin. But we shall see.

In any event, it's a shame especially because where i have read and agree that if everyone on this planet took the proper precautions as mentioned, this disease could burn out in around four to six weeks. As it stands now, this virus without an effective vaccine could fester on indefinitely, and if it continues to mutate in a way such as the flu virus does or worse, it could continue on indefinitely, making our fear of it a permanent part of society. Let's hope something changes or happens to prevent team sports and our way of life before the pandemic from becoming a thing of the past.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

its an affront to compare any real sport to baseball at this point