Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Leaf Sportscaster cards

I was doing my Sportscaster card search on Ebay, and just happened to run into these Sportscaster cards that were produced by Leaf. I wasn't aware that Leaf produced these cards, and they're serial numbered. Pretty shocked. Obviously they are a kind of tribute to the original Sportscaster cards.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some more.

• Options

And more.

• Options

This puppy is serial numbered to 5 and if you want it, you better have $2,500 big ones!

• Options

And more.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

They (Donruss) had a lot of gimmicks in the 03-05 years including Leaf Exhibits, Studio Portraits, Polo Grounds and Playoff Prestige! If you're a player collector theses will keep you busy till you die....

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    This puppy is serial numbered to 5 and if you want it, you better have $2,500 big ones!

There was a time I would have seriously mocked that price, but now you just can't ever tell. I still personally think it is a ridiculous asking price for what the card is, but that does not mean someone won't fork over that much. Some modern cards sales in the last 5-10 years have really made believers out of even the most cynical.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

I always liked the look of these.
    I Put together a "set" about 10 years ago. There are so many variations it'll make your head spin.
    A quick search on COMC showed 930 different results.
    All those variations in a 50 player set!
    https://comc.com/Cards/Baseball/2005,so,vList,=sportscasters,_SN,i100

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15