Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My achievement awards

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, as I await the results of my 113 card sub from early Dec, 2019...they emailed me to "keep an eye out" for results...I decided to scroll around a little and see what I could find.

Well, I appear to have garnered some medals, points and stuff...who knew?

Out of a possible 4,500 points, I have managed to get 2,325 points, and am ranked a paltry 1,411 out of all contenders. Some more astute collectors than I have managed to climb the mountain and 24 honorees have achieved 2,500 points!! No easy task, I'm sure. However, I doubt I'll advance much further, as to move up means I'd have to collect things I don't collect, or have little/no interest in collecting...football, basketball, hockey, rookie sets, etc.

However, the medal thing is perhaps more impressive (I think), and I've managed to meekly attain the following:
Master Gold, Master Silver, Master Bronze, Homer, No 1 fan, Finish Line, Master, 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%, The Apprentice, Starting Line, One Giant Leap...kinda like the moon landing and the hallowed Journeyman title,...a treasured title from my Air Traffic Controller days...ah to be a Journeyman ATC, better than being the star football player as a Senior in High School!

So, as I bask in the glow of my new found points, medals and overall exuberance of having achieved so much and be in the company of real collectors, I wonder what it all means? I didn't get any vouchers for free subs, no letter of achievement touting my glorious performance, unlike my Bronze Star and Joint Service Commendation Medal in the military, whose write ups, which, I must admit were kinda glowing...not even an email to say congrats.

So, for those pining for awards, points, medals and recognition...it ain't no big deal.
Collect what makes you smile...the other stuff is just fluff. B)

Comments

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

Two questions: first, do you have to be a member to get an award and second, do you have to have a set in the number 1 ranking spot to get one? Thanks.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Two questions: first, do you have to be a member to get an award and second, do you have to have a set in the number 1 ranking spot to get one? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's all about having sets in the Registry and the number of cards you have in your inventory...therefore, I'm not sure about your question about being a member, a member of what?

I have 6 sets that hold the #1 spot and will for some time to come. I doubt it has anything to do with having a number anything set as a prerequisite for getting some medal or badge or whatever. If you go to the PSA Registry link, and click the little "?" to the right in the awards section, it tells you all the medals and stuff you get at certain points. If you have set "X" in the Registry and reach 10%, you get a medal/award, you continue to get them as you reach higher and higher completions levels.

Someone else will chime in with perhaps a clearer definition.

You don't really get an award, as there is nothing actually given to you. You just get a checked box as you climb through the hoops established by PSA. Not knocking the thing really, but what purpose does it serve?? I'm certainly not gonna start collecting certain sport sets just to climb up to 2,500 points. I think it's more of an encouragement thing to keep you collecting and submitting cards for grading that fit within the set(s) you're collecting. It's kinda like the new SUPER sets of players, Master sets weren't challenging enough, now comes the SUPER set, which can be comprised of a thousand cards or much more...who does that?

Like I said, collect what you like, the other stuff is just fluff. DON'T fixate on this, you're not in competition with the other guys who have more medals/awards than you do...what's the point, really?