Home Sports Talk
Options

who are your top ten favorite shuffleboard players?

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be specific , the tabletop kind of shuffleboard with little metal thingies you swoosh with your hand, not the cruise ship kind , that would be weird

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I would pick Dennis Rodman.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2020 3:56PM

I'd have to go with myself.

after 4 or 5 beers I was unbeatable.

The object is to have the puck fall off the board before you make contact with the other pucks, right?

• Options

I don't even know , there was just a point where I liked drinking in saloons and they seemed to go in for that there.

I think there was sand on the table?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    I don't even know , there was just a point where I liked drinking in saloons and they seemed to go in for that there.

Tell me the difference between a Saloon and a Bar. 🧐

• Options

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

ye olde western doors that you bash through to get in or out

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

ye olde western doors that you bash through to get in or out

😂😂👍👍🍻

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bars don't allow guns. In a saloon everyone has a six shooter on their hip.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the smell of that sawdust or whatever that is they put on the surface. I also like that stuff on the bottom of my pizza crust.

Glicker would have a list of 10 shuffle boarders that he hated

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Its actually a great game , when we drank outdoors we always played horseshoes but indoors shuffleboard was the thing.
    The british like darts at the pub , here on the east coast lots of bars have pool tables.

When I was introduced to shuffleboard it was in Grand Lake, colorado . A little dead end town against the back side of rocky mountain national park.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Its actually a great game , when we drank outdoors we always played horseshoes but indoors shuffleboard was the thing.
    The british like darts at the pub , here on the east coast lots of bars have pool tables.

When I was introduced to shuffleboard it was in Grand Lake, colorado . A little dead end town against the back side of rocky mountain national park.

Pool tables are pretty much gone in the North Shore. Salisbury Beach used to have a ton back in the 80’s and early 90’s. Back when you could get into a vicious fight and it didn’t make the news lol

• Options

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

Pool tables are pretty much gone in the North Shore. Salisbury Beach used to have a ton back in the 80’s and early 90’s. Back when you could get into a vicious fight and it didn’t make the news lol

my uncle used to take me to Salisbury beach once or twice every summer , rides but mostly the arcades. This was pre space invaders days mostly pinball skeeball and whatnot . Is there any trace of rides or any of that left?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

my uncle used to take me to Salisbury beach once or twice every summer , rides but mostly the arcades. This was pre space invaders days mostly pinball skeeball and whatnot . Is there any trace of rides or any of that left?

There is a kiddy ride area and that’s it, arcades are plentiful with ski ball and pinball but most machines are the huge $1-2 games. A couple high end restaurants off the main area and maybe one seedy bar if that not sure if it’s still there.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

There is a kiddy ride area and that’s it, arcades are plentiful with ski ball and pinball but most machines are the huge $1-2 games. A couple high end restaurants off the main area and maybe one seedy bar if that not sure if it’s still there.

Back when...it was a big treat for me to go to Salisbury Beach!! I swear I can still smell the pepper steaks being grilled not far from the wooden roller coaster and dodgem car rides. Once upon a time there was a venue called "the Frolics"...this, where I saw a very young Paul Anka and Johnny Mathis appear. A very special place where it was kinda magical and fun-loving...never gonna be another place like that!! The Penny Arcade was really "wicked cool" to visit !!

Below are pics of that area when I knew it...you can see the Frolics sign, this where I enjoyed the two singers above...a big deal date to go to that place then!!! GREAT MEMORIES !!! Read some of the comments, just a magical place!!!

https://blog.retroplanet.com/the-frolics-salisbury-beach/

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

Back when...it was a big treat for me to go to Salisbury Beach!! I swear I can still smell the pepper steaks being grilled not far from the wooden roller coaster and dodgem car rides. Once upon a time there was a venue called "the Frolics"...this, where I saw a very young Paul Anka and Johnny Mathis appear. A very special place where it was kinda magical and fun-loving...never gonna be another place like that!! The Penny Arcade was really "wicked cool" to visit !!

Below are pics of that area when I knew it...you can see the Frolics sign, this where I enjoyed the two singers above...a big deal date to go to that place then!!! GREAT MEMORIES !!! Read some of the comments, just a magical place!!!

https://blog.retroplanet.com/the-frolics-salisbury-beach/

I had a feeling you were going to add to the Salisbury Beach talk Al! I feel fortunate I was able to experience the tail end of that place for what it was meant for. I was too you g for the Frics but I remember the building well 👍👍🍻

• Options

My uncle that used to bring me there was a camera geek . Regular prints but slides even , , when he died I inherited boxes of slides there are probably some from 60's and 70's era that might be from salisbury beach.

He was a train and streetcar buff , if there was any kind of train or streetcar we could have taken there its almost guaranteed.

I just recently discovered that people sell slides on ebay ! like a digital scan of a slide can be worth 10 or 20 bucks at times how crazy is that?

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

my favorite, and a real crowd pleaser, has always been Joe Fabeets. between smashing his fingers and knocking it into his goal to score for the opponent, ol' Joe(as bar patrons were fond of calling him) retired a few years back at the ripe old age of 86. he's a HOF'er if ever I saw one.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2020 10:18AM

Glicker would have a list of 10 shuffle boarders that he hated

m

Glicker's a champ.

If you're not sure what champ means, PM topstuf, renman, or SoCalBigMark.