Home Sports Talk
Options

The best of ?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, I'm doing my daily exploration of the forum, making my way around the different sections, gathering intelligence, spying on people, looking for juicy gossip, peeping in windows, etc. and somehow I accidentally stumble into a mysterious section of the forum called "the best of". What does this section mean? The best of the week or month? Who chooses the posts for the best of?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a clue. Your curiousness got me curious so I opened it up for the first time ever and am bewildered

• Options

I got one for ya Double D, what is the deal with “Promote” when you open up someone’s name and info? 🤨

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I got one for ya Double D, what is the deal with “Promote” when you open up someone’s name and info? 🤨

I don't know what the heck promote is, but I've also taken notice of peoples badges, and I'm hoping someday to be able to earn the burger badge! It seems pretty difficult to earn badges for five different things in the same day! I noticed they upgraded the appearance of the badges. This was the old burger badge.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Not a clue. Your curiousness got me curious so I opened it up for the first time ever and am bewildered

Same here, I had never noticed before, so I also had to wander into that section myself. I'm thinking perhaps it's a running stream of posts from all the forums that maybe attain a certain number or the most likes or agrees that day in the original forum posting? Anyone have a better guess?

• Options
    edited June 20, 2020 3:52AM

@countdouglas said:

@perkdog said:

Same here, I had never noticed before, so I also had to wander into that section myself. I'm thinking perhaps it's a running stream of posts from all the forums that maybe attain a certain number or the most likes or agrees that day in the original forum posting? Anyone have a better guess?

That would also be my guess. I also noticed most of the comments in the "best of", are from the coin sections, so they would probably receive a lot of likes over there. I was poking around in the coin section one day, and noticed a comment that had received 29 Likes. The traffic over there can be very heavy.

• Options

Agree with Count. I can’t think of any better explanation 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Ditto here.