Home Autographs Forum
Options

Triple Crown Autographed Bat

This autographed bat was given to me by a very special friend more than 20 years ago for a graduation gift. I have no idea where the COA is. What should I do as far as getting the signatures verified? What kind of value would you put on a bat like this? This was all 4 of the triple crown winners at the time. Please let me know your thoughts as this is not my area of expertise. Thanks!

Comments

• Options

• Options

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will need to authenticated. There are just too many fakes of those signatures out there for it to have any real appeal without a formal, written authentication by an accepted authority.

I have no idea as to value.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only add that the sigs seem to be slightly "worn". They may have come that way due to uneven surfaces or well-used pens. But if they have been touched or rubbed by anything I would avoid any more than that.

• Options

Thanks for the comments! This area is new to me. Where would I have it authenticated? I would gladly take it there. I’m from the Raleigh, NC area.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2020 6:10PM

I am no expert on getting sports sigs aurheticated, but I think there are only 3 or 4 top tier companies worth using.

A few that come to mind: PSA/DNA, JSA, Beckett, NGC (that is a coin grader but they might have an autograph branch).

Next you'll have to decide if you want them to put a hologram sticker on your item or do a photo cert. I personally hate the stickers but a lot of people don't mind them.

Another option is to find a reputable dealer who will make an offer as is. Getting it authenticated yourself will cost some $$. You'll have to decide if it is with your time and money.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2020 4:14PM

@Connor said:
    Thanks for the comments! This area is new to me. Where would I have it authenticated? I would gladly take it there. I’m from the Raleigh, NC area.

Check this out for PSA DNA’s authentication service: https://www.psacard.com/services/autographauthentication. They have a separate bat authentication service if you wanted them to also authentic the bat separately from the autos: https://www.psacard.com/services/professionalbatauthentication

Jim

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

i can contribute that the Frank Robinson signature is not real (sorry)

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

@Ironmanfan said:
    i can contribute that the Frank Robinson signature is not real (sorry)

IMF

Ouch! The upside is that if only that one is fake, it can be removed.