Home Sports Talk

CBS Sports top ten quarterbacks for 2020

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 16, 2020 10:43AM in Sports Talk

This is CBS Sports top ten rankings for NFL quarterbacks for the upcoming 2020 season. This is the top ten best quarterbacks for the upcoming season in their opinion.

1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Lamar Jackson
  3. Russell Wilson
  4. Drew Brees
  5. Dak Prescott
  6. Deshaun Watson
  7. Matthew Stafford
  8. Carson Wentz
  9. Tom Brady
  10. Ben Roethlisberger

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I swear, Tom Brady just doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Interesting, Matthew Stafford made the list, but not Aaron Rodgers.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 Pat Mahomes
    2 Russell Wilson
    3 Tom Brady (best collection of weaponry he has ever had)
    4 Dak Prescott (i feel a big year coming on)
    5 Lamar Jackson (i expect a regression)
    32f Nick Trubiski
    32f- Mitch Foles

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dak Prescott sucks.

Just checking to see if Dimeman is back yet or not. B)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot understand putting Stafford and Wentz ahead of Brady, he has an arsenal in Tampa and should put up some solid numbers

Yeah, that is just stupid to put Brady at number 9. I don't see Stafford or Wentz or frankly Dak Prescott having a better year than Tom Brady. With the weapons he has, I think Tom will show us his true identity.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where's Sam Darnold?? B)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

I'm disappointed that Brett Favre isn't on that list.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd put Aaron Rodgers and Kyler Murray on the list over Wentz and Ben right now. Rodgers not being on the list is just dumb. He had a "down" year last year and still had 4k yards, 26 tds, and 4 ints with one good receiver on the team. I think Murray is going to have a huge season. He had a really nice rookie year. and he's going into next season with Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Kirk, and Isabella at WR. Also has Drake and Edmonds at RB and rookie RB Benjamin. I won't be surprised at all if he goes off and has MVP like numbers with his passing and rushing abilities combined.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'm disappointed that Brett Favre isn't on that list.

😂😂😂

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2020 9:08AM

@orioles93 said:

Murray is going to have a huge season. He had a really nice rookie year. and he's going into next season with Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Kirk, and Isabella at WR. Also has Drake and Edmonds at RB and rookie RB Benjamin. I won't be surprised at all if he goes off and has MVP like numbers with his passing and rushing abilities combined.

totes agree, orioles. i've been tooting Murray's horn since draft day. i've watched the kid play dating back to his HS days and he possesses all the skills and intangibles. i tentatively have him in my top 10 to start the season, but he could very easily be near the very top come season's end. when i caught wind of the Cards pilfering D-Hop from the Texans i said to myself, "oh it's on now." for those who play fantasy footsies, i'd highly recommend drafting KM.

ask yourself this, "which diminutive QB would you rather have heading into the 2020 season, Murray or Mayfield?"

i know who i'm selecting 11 times out of 10

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I would include Aaron Rodgers over some names

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    This is CBS Sports top ten rankings for NFL quarterbacks for the upcoming 2020 season. This is the top ten best quarterbacks for the upcoming season in their opinion.

1. Patrick Mahomes
    2. Lamar Jackson
    3. Russell Wilson
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Dak Prescott
    6. Deshaun Watson
    7. Matthew Stafford
    8. Carson Wentz
    9. Tom Brady
    10. Ben Roethlisberger

CBS Sports has corrected which they admit was a typographical error.

They meant to put Tom Brady at 99

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

After this season that list will look much different when Josh Allen is on it. He will be in the top 3 for MVP.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.