Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD - 1939 Proof Lincoln Cent PR66+RD PCGS w/CAC! PCGS Pop Only 10. High Eye Appeal

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 16, 2020 8:22AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I recently upgraded my 1939 Lincoln Cent in my 1939 Proof Registry Set. The coin I replaced is one of the VERY FEW graded by PCGS as PR66+RD, and it has a CAC (VERY FEW straight PR66RD’s have CAC's - see below).

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

1. While PCGS has graded 382 1939 Lincoln Cents as PR66RD, they have given the "+" to ONLY TEN!!!!! (about 2-1/2%).
  2. From above, PCGS has graded 392 1939 Lincoln Cents as PR66RD or PR66+RD. NGC has graded 173 as PF66RD (NGC has NOT given a * or + to any of their PF66RD’s). Out of those 565 graded PR66RD or PR66+RD, CAC has applied their sticker to only 70 (less than 13%). As such, it’s tough finding a 1939 Lincoln Cent graded by PCGS as PR66RD with a CAC. It’s also tough trying to find one with the eye appeal of the one I am selling. Then it’s super tough finding one of the ten with a "+".
  3. The CAC/CDN Price Guide has PR66RD as $292. Keep two important things in mind:
    a) That $292 CAC/CDN pricing includes coins graded by both NGC AND PCGS - mine is graded by PCGS.
    b) That $292 CAC/CDN pricing is for PR66RD WITHOUT the plus - mine is one of only 10 out of 392 that PCGS said merits the "+".

Most importantly is the eye appeal of the coin. As you know, coins are not commodities - every one is different, with some having nicer eye appeal than others. Of the other two PCGS 66+RD’s with CAC’s that I’ve seen that have sold, in my opinion mine is clearly the nicest. See the TrueView attached.

Rather than buy one as a PR66RD, you can buy one of the ten graded by PCGS as a PR66+RD. And it merits a CAC!

My price is $329 via PayPal (not F&F) and that includes FedEx Priority Overnight shipping, expected to be delivered by 10:30 am the next business day (but not guaranteed) . Due to the value, a signature will be required. If I'm shipping to a PO Box, it will then ship for free via USPS Priority Mail, and is expected to be delivered in three business days. A signature will be required due to the value.

Please look at my other three high grade coins listed in BS&T. All PCGS/CAC.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. In the unlikely event you are unhappy, the return must require my signature upon delivery back to me .

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Successful BST Transactions: UltraHighRelief; ChrisH821 x 2; D1no; willy; RonB; Shrub68; radioman, sonorandesertrat x2; pnies20.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
winesteven.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments