Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD! - 1936 Proof Washington Quarter PR64+ PCGS w/CAC! PCGS Pop Only 5. High Eye Appeal - SOLD!

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently upgraded my 1936 Proof Washington Quarter in my 1936 Proof Registry Set. The coin I replaced is one of the VERY FEW graded by PCGS as PR64+, and it has a CAC (VERY FEW straight PR64's have CAC's - see below).

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

1. While PCGS has graded 535 1936 Washington Quarters as PR64, they have given the "+" to ONLY FIVE!!!!! (LESS than 1%).
  2. From above, PCGS has graded 540 1936 quarters as PR64 or PR64+. NGC has graded 345 as PF64 (NGC has NOT given a * or + to any of their PF64's). Out of those 885 graded PR64 or PR64+, CAC has applied their sticker to only 38 (only 4.3%). As such, try finding a 1936 Proof Washington Quarter graded by PCGS as PR64 with a CAC. It's very tough. Then try finding one with the eye appeal of the one I am selling. Then see if you can find one of the five with a "+". Good luck!!!
  3. The CAC/CDN Price Guide has PR64 as $812. Keep two important things in mind:
    a) that $812 CAC/CDN pricing includes coins graded by both NGC AND PCGS - mine is graded by PCGS.
    b) that $812 CAC/CDN pricing is for PR64 WITHOUT the plus - mine is one of only five out of 540 that PCGS said merits the "+".
  4. Most importantly is the eye appeal of the coin itself. As you probably know, these very early proof coins were wrapped in plastic by the mint, and as such, most of the Proof 1936 quarters you see in any grade with CAC's usually have a lot of haze/cloudiness. Years ago many of these were dipped to get rid of that haze, and that's probably the reason so few get a CAC (4.3%). Mine is FULLY BRILLIANT, no haze, etc. Attached is the TV. You will see in the TV there's a tiny light orange spot on the reverse as you look at the eagle at the lower part of the left wing. While it's easy to see on the TV, it's visible but not so easy to see on the coin in hand - it really is tiny, but it is there.

Why buy one as a PR64, when you can buy one of the five graded by PCGS as a PR64+? And it merits a CAC!

Please look at my other three high grade coins listed in BS&T. All PCGS/CAC.

My price is $775 via PayPal (not F&F) and that includes FedEx Priority Overnight shipping, expected (but not guaranteed) to be delivered by 10:30 am the next business day. Due to the value, a signature will be required. If I'm shipping to a PO Box, it will then ship for free via Priority Mail, and is expected to be delivered in three business days. A signature will be required due to the value.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. In the unlikely event you are unhappy, the return must require my signature upon delivery back to me .

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Successful BST Transactions: UltraHighRelief; ChrisH821 x 2; D1no; willy; RonB; Shrub68; radioman, sonorandesertrat x 2; pnies20.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
winesteven.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments