Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Glendale Coin Club Meeting Online - June 12, 2020 @ 6pm Pacific - All Are Invited!!!

illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our club has now held two meetings on my YouTube channel and they both went well. During eachlive meeting, we had up to 85 people watching concurrently from all over the country (even some from other countries). And since the meetings, hundreds more have watched the replays of the meetings which is awesome.

If you missed that April 2020 meeting, you can watch it back anytime here:

https://youtu.be/z-Z8YK97eAw

Our May 2020 meeting can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/WgmqL_Ol5z8

We'll be doing it again tonight Friday, June 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM Pacific/9:00 PM Eastern. The meeting will again be on my YouTube channel and the direct link to the meeting is here:

https://youtu.be/EWUwPIcyogo

MEETING TIME – Friday, June 12, 2020 @ 6:00 PM Pacific on YouTube

We will be having a program which will be presented by Rod Gillis and he will be presenting "Strategies to Dispose of Your Collection." Estate planning as it relates to our coin collections in particular is a topic that should be important to all of us. Rod Gillis is the current Education Director of the American Numismatic Association and our club is lucky to have him speaking to us.

To just watch the live meeting, you will be able to do so from just about any phone or computer. There will also be a live text chat window during the live video stream, but you will need to have a YouTube account to participate in that part. With that chat room, you will be able to talk to those of us who will be on screen, as well as ask questions to our guest speaker. You will also be able to chat with all of the others there in the chat too.

Please feel free to share this information and the link with anyone and everyone you think might enjoy hanging out and chatting about coins for an hour or two.

Finally, there will be a few coin giveaways during this meeting... including some of our new 2019 Glendale Coin Club medals which were recently done for us by Daniel Carr. To be eligible for the giveaways you must be logged into YouTube and participate in the live text chat; otherwise we won’t know you are there.

We will also have a short auction at the end of the meeting where we will auction off some coins, mostly silver bullion pieces, with all proceeds benefiting the club.

Hope to "see" some of you there tonight!

Mike

:+1:

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tonight's Auction list... all proceeds of the live auction go to our coin club... see you on YouTube in a few hours :)

Lot #1 - 1964B Swiss 2 Francs BU KM#21 .2685 oz. ASW - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #2 - 2019-S Apollo 11 Proof Half Dollar - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #3 - 2014 Australia War in Pacific 1/2 oz. Silver - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #4 - 1780 Austria Maria Theresa Thaler Restrike .752 oz. ASW - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #5 - OPM 1 oz. Silver Round - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #6 - 2019 Australia Silver Kangaroo - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #7 - 1973G Germany Proof 5 Mark 125th Ann. Frankfurt Parliament KM#137 - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #8 - 1780 Austria Maria Theresa Thaler Restrike .752 oz. ASW - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #9 - 2019 Great Britain Silver Britannia - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #10 - 1963 Proof Set in Capital Holder - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #11 - 2019 Australia Silver Kookaburra - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #12 - 1987 Silver Eagle ANACS MS69 - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #13 - 2000-P Proof Silver Eagle w/ Box - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #14 - Karatbars 1g Gold Bar on Card - Opening Bid $1
    Lot #15 - 1945 Mexico Dos Pesos Gold .0482 oz. AGW - Opening Bid $1

B)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2020 4:50PM

Cool. Btw thanks for the Glendale coin club silver medal from the last event. It easily became one of my fav . I try to safe keeping it until my kids is old enough to take the responsibility to handle this gem. But she keeps taking it.

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭

Wish I could attend, but likely have a conflict.

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last two were a blast! Very informative and entertaining...I'll be there!!!

I received my 2018 Zombucks overstrike Glendale Coin Club Medal! Thank you!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT going on now NOW!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file