Home Sports Talk
Options

Panthers remove statue of Jerry Richardson

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Carolina Panthers have removed the statue of their disgraced ex-owner Jerry Richardson. This was all over my local news, and I just busted out laughing when I saw Jerry plucked out and removed.

Comments

• Options

In case anyone doesn't already know, his statue was removed due to being a dirty old man.

• Options

I'll never forget the time I went to a Panthers game, and when I walked by his statue, it made a pass at me.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'll never forget the time I went to a Panthers game, and when I walked by his statue, it made a pass at me.

The guy is alive right? Who has a statue of themselves made while they are living? how is such a thing even possible?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@doubledragon said:

The guy is alive right? Who has a statue of themselves made while they are living? how is such a thing even possible?

Oh yeah, he is alive. He sold the Panthers in 2018 due to his filthy ways and the NFL investigated him and popped him with a $2.75 million fine.

• Options

im pretty sure its illegal to make a statue of yourself . Even people like Abe Lincoln for example , only got statues after they died ;)

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

One of our local hospitals has a statue of their benefactor (whom the health system is named after).

• Options
    edited June 11, 2020 9:17PM

UPDATE: Jerry Richardson has no intentions of trying to have the statue of him returned to the stadium, he has turned the page in that filthy chapter of the Panthers history book.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2020 9:43PM

The guy sounds like a $cumbag.

How about the people who sued him and got settlements where they agreed to keep quiet and then didn't?

Not much better.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

I'm still stuck on someone getting a statue of themselves made.

Can't wrap my head around that