Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This Black Label sells for almost 19k ... & the PSA 10 goes unsold with a $450.00 minimum bid....

Comments

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember these cards. Easy $5-$10 sales.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

The marble background is second to only the bathroom floor tile background as the worst possible background for high end cards . . .

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the BGS the white dot on MJ's right upper bicep is a distraction. Possible scanner flaw or on card. White specks around his left cheek and left nostril.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fake sale if I ever saw one on the BGS card. Desperate times call for brazen moves by the shady on eBay, LOL.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the print dots staring right at you from the center of the card on his shoulder.

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

I remember pulling that card from a pack in 1991. I still have it.

Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

The $450 PSA 10 is overpriced as well.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 10:50AM

The Black Label sale was ..... u guessed it ~11-12 days ago by .......PWCC...... anyone say "bubble"? T'was a post MJ Documentary Mania fleecing ... unless of course the sale was truly bogus.

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 10:52AM

@72skywalker ... you will likely be a millionaire any day now...maybe by 11:30~11:45 am this Friday.

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    On the BGS the white dot on MJ's right upper bicep is a distraction. Possible scanner flaw or on card. White specks around his left cheek and left nostril.

The one on the sleeve was the first thing I noticed. I believe it’s on the card.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure that I can buy a bourbon with black label, enjoy it a hell of a lot more and have a lot of money left over.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

the whole Black Label concept is a joke...like they can eyeball centering and get it to a difference between 9, 9.5 and 10...get real...unless every card is being measured, which there is no way they are, there is no way you can be that precise/accurate...as many of us say, it is often hard to tell the difference between a 9 and a 10. How then can SGC and BGS actually be so good that they can even find room to fit a card in between a 9 and a 10...I don't need a tweener grade...without this grading being done by a computer or some program, there is no way you can be so accurate as to tell me that there are 9's, 9.5's, 10's, and heaven forbid, a 10+.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry. The PSA 10 card is a $40-50 card at best. Not sure of past sales but if it hits over $100, 400-500 will come out of the attic for grading over night. As for the Black Label, Gimmie a break. 86 Jordan or that??? Swamp land available too.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.