Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pack Grading Question

I keep getting conflicting answers. If I have a vintage pack to send in for grading and the gum is broken, will PSA grade it? Thanks.

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

You'll get mixed results if you try. While PSA has been on the record saying no, packs with broken gum have been slabbed recently.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

That's what I heard. Even Steve Hart said that. I just hate to send something in, wait four months and not get graded.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    That's what I heard. Even Steve Hart said that. I just hate to send something in, wait four months and not get graded.

Try 8-10 months

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020 7:01PM

Depends is the best answer. They will decline holdering a pack with broken or loose gum if they deem it a risk to the wrapper tearing in transit but that doesn't mean every pack with broken gum won't be holdered, either. The newer holders do a much better job at preventing wrapper tears from loose gum in my experience.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Thanks Tim. Also, is the wait time for pack grading, 8 or more months? I was looking a 100 business days.

PackManInNC