Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay shipping with insurance

jt88jt88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone notice that if you buy insurance on ebay shipping it actually cost more on ebay than on USPS site? I am posting this for your information. Also ebay only allow one k insurance and USPS allow 5K. If you buy insurance then no need to buy signature confirmation because if over 500 USPS will require signature. It used to be cheaper in insurance if you use express but now the cost of insurance is the same with priority. No cheaper for express.

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay's ship and insure is higher than the USPS! I think you are not realizing the shipping defaults to eBay's insurance option. You have to change every shipment to USPS. On another note...I don't know if it has changed...but eBay's insurance would not cover coins!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jt88 said:
    Does anyone notice that if you buy insurance on ebay shipping it actually cost more on ebay than on USPS site? I am posting this for your information. Also ebay only allow one k insurance and USPS allow 5K. If you buy insurance then no need to buy signature confirmation because if over 500 USPS will require signature. It used to be cheaper in insurance if you use express but now the cost of insurance is the same with priority. No cheaper for express.

It's ship cover that is more expensive. USPS is the same price.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

And ship cover does not cover coins. But USPS insurance does.

----- kj
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2020 7:48PM

I buy my USPS shipping labels and insurance from the paypal transaction page and have found costs to be less than if I take it to the USPS counter.

I find paypal's shipping feature extremely easy to use. Tracking numbers and "shipped" get automatically updated on "My Ebay." Shipping fee can be set to auto pay from paypal balance, credit card or bank account.

I suggest that anyone who uses ebay shipping to try creating your labels from paypal.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

I print a shipping today for priority small box with one K insureance on ebay is 27 but on USPS is 23. 4 dollar cheaper.

• Options

22.80 with paypal shipping

Registered, first class insured costs about the same.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like a pretty good savings using Paypal instead of eBay. May have to give that a try.

----- kj
  • Options

The prices on ebay are the same as paypals.

@tincup said:
    That looks like a pretty good savings using Paypal instead of eBay. May have to give that a try.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't know why it has to be so complicated and even worse, constantly changing.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jt88 said:

So, not true. You are not buying USPS insurance if you use default. Ebay requires "signature confirmation" on certain price plateaus and you cannot use the insurance signature as a substitute.

Been on ebay over 20 years.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2020 7:56PM

What's the latest min. sale price for which ebay and paypal require a delivery signature?

• Options

$750.00 I believe.

@derryb said:
    What's the latest min. sale price for which ebay and paypal require a delivery signature?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file