Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Classic 1980's Wrestling Autographs

DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Back in the 1980's I attended several wrestling matches in my local area. Two of the events were held in Kinston, North Carolina and the other, I believe, was in Kenansville, North Carolina. I am bit foggy on that one. One of the Kinston events was held in an outdoor venue on the minor league baseball field of the then Kinston Blue Jays. The other was in the gym of a now closed school. I recently located a stash of ephemera at my childhood home that I had long forgotten about. The results are posted below. I do not remember all the names and would like to request any help in not only identifying the mystery autos but also an attempt in placing a year to the events. I know they are prior to 1985 as Jay Youngblood passed away that year. I don't recall the timeline but hopefully if anyone remembers when Jay was The Renegade that may narrow it down to a specific year or years or anything about Joe H. Murnick (Promotions?).

Here is what I recognize/ remember:

Top Row: Jay Youngblood, Vinnie Valentino, Pistol Pez (Whatley)
Second Row: The Renegade (Jay Youngblood), Keith Larson, Mark Youngblood?
Third Row: Brian Adias (Adidas)?, Wahoo (McDaniel)
Fourth Row: Rufus R. Jones, Tom B. Shaft
Random Pic (this is on the backside of the green picture in row 1: Mark ???

Comments

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I don’t know any of the autographs, but just trying to read the names and find wrestlers of that era matching what I’m reading, I think the middle top row is Vinnie Valentine, fourth row is Tom “Bugaloo” Shaft, and the last one looks like it says Mark Flex (I find a reference to “Flex Mark Damon”).

@wrestlingcardking and @Dpeck100 may recognize them immediately - they’re wrestling experts.

Jim

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.midatlanticwrestling.net/almanac/roster/roster_77Q1.htm

I would go to this website and scroll through the rosters.

Roufas Jones seems like a very real possibility as I see his name on this link.

• Options

@burghman said:
    I don’t know any of the autographs, but just trying to read the names and find wrestlers of that era matching what I’m reading, I think the middle top row is Vinnie Valentine, fourth row is Tom “Bugaloo” Shaft, and the last one looks like it says Mark Flex (I find a reference to “Flex Mark Damon”).

@wrestlingcardking and @Dpeck100 may recognize them immediately - they’re wrestling experts.

Tom Shaft is fitting. I believe the green paper might be Vinnie Valentino. Ill update the list.

• Options
    edited May 30, 2020 3:48PM

It appears that Jay Youngblood wrestled as The Renegade only in 1984. He tag teamed w/ his brother, Mark Youngblood. I'm thinking row 2 last autograph may be Mark Youngblood. Third row first sig--Brian Adias (Adidas) wrestled as tag team w/ Pistol Pez during 1984.

https://cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=3120&page=4&gimmick=Renegade+++++

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:
    http://www.midatlanticwrestling.net/almanac/roster/roster_77Q1.htm

I would go to this website and scroll through the rosters.

Roufas Jones seems like a very real possibility as I see his name on this link.

Thanks for the information. Most of it was late 1970's. I am sure at least some of this came from 1984 after tracking down the period of time that Jay Youngblood wrestled as The Renegade.

• Options
    WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

Wahoo McDaniel? Pistol Pez Whatley.