Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I’ve been getting unsolicited offers for Modern Gold .

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Heritage program where other clients can make offers and if accepted Heritage gets 10%

This evening I received a unsolicited offer on a
gold 1 riyal 1969 Arab Republic proof I think it graded 69. The offer was $1100.

It has .5926 agw.

The coin is scarce.

I was insulted ..... so I countered $1600.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd flip the switch on it if you don't want to receive offers on it.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can opt out. I got a few offers over the years. I've actually sold a couple that way as they were reasonable. It's just opting out was a pain (IIRC) as it had to be done by individual coin, and maybe there IS an offer you would accept.

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

@bidask I like the camel design. We have seen an uptick in offers lately through the Make Offer to Owner program, but you can choose whether or not you receive offers. Sometimes they are fair and it works out great, sometimes not. It varies.

@Stork You can either enable or disable all offers if you like. Then, you also have the option to make changes on a per-coin bases if there are certain pieces that you want to enable or disable. Just go to My Collection under My Heritage when logged in, and select the category (coins/art/etc).

You'll see this option near the top:

"How do I opt-out of offers, or what if I don't own this?
    To opt-out completely, click HERE. If you don’t own an item anymore set it to a status of “Not Mine”."

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.