Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Vault Identification

I have purchased numerous Topps Vault items in the past. I am now looking to sell some. Some of them are original slides of photos that were used on baseball cards. But, I can't identify them unless I still have the auction receipt. Each item has a Topps Vault item number on the back. Is there a list of items that Topps Vault has documented so that I can identify my item?

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
>

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

Comments

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every Topps Vault item I have purchased (I collect a lot of them) has come with a authenticity card with a hologram that matches the number on the item. If you match those up you are fine. When they first started the certificate they sent with the item had the item description on it but they have not done that for years. Other than the card/hologram matching I don't know of any way to identify the item.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

I doubt they have any sort of public data base. I have been saving my purchases a certain way. I make a copy of the invoice, fold it up and place it with the certificate in the envelope, then I write a brief description of the item on the envelope flap. This allows me to quickly ID the cert and also have a history of purchase. Wish I would have started doing it when I first discovered Topps Vault items. In fact, I think some of the early items have generic stickers and certs that don't even ID the items. Now they simply refer to a sticker number, but my storage method allows me to match card to cert.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.