Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

PROPOSITION: NAME CHANGE "CURRENCY" TO "PAPER MONEY"

We're getting a few coin postings here and the OPs are generally sincere in their questions about coins but they are posting in the Currency section. In a broad generalization, I can kinda see how the term "currency" could be construed as all-encompassing rather than strictly Paper Money.

I actually think it is a genuine mistake because of the term "Currency" is vague to some people - definitely not to banknote collectors but to the general population.

**I believe the title of this forum would be more accurate if it was called " US & World Paper Money forum" **

Apologies if I've overstepped, I've observed what I think is a conflict and am trying to provide a constructive solution but I respect what the moderators choose to do

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.
    Hera Ye, Hear Ye, an official name change has been proposed by Sir @synchr of the House of Lords to the King of Collectors Universe. What say thee your Majesty, asks the town cryer.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@synchr said:
    We're getting a few coin postings here and the OPs are generally sincere in their questions about coins but they are posting in the Currency section. In a broad generalization, I can kinda see how the term "currency" could be construed as all-encompassing rather than strictly Paper Money.

I actually think it is a genuine mistake because of the term "Currency" is vague to some people - definitely not to banknote collectors but to the general population.

I believe the title of this forum would be more accurate if it was called " US & World Paper Money forum"

Apologies if I've overstepped, I've observed what I think is a conflict and am trying to provide a constructive solution but I respect what the moderators choose to do

Seems like a reasonable suggestion. FYI, the reason your third paragraph didn't bold in the OP was because of an extraneous space between the final quotation mark and the asterisks.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good opinion.

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay by me.

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

I sent your post to Heather..not sure if you already did.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Works by me

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1

It works for me, too. 👍