Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

QUESTION PCGS CURRENCY CERT NUMBER

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 26, 2020 9:52PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hello,

I am new to currency collecting and wanted to ask on a PCGS Currency holdered bank note:

1 - Where is the PCGS Cert Number?
Is it the number on the reverse just above the bar code?

2 - on PMG Notes on the reverse there is the bar code, above that a line of numbers - what do these numbers represent?

3 - on PMG there is the first line at the top above the bar codes,,,,, that is the grade... IE: 63 in my photo

My question is what are these numbers? IE: 1886770-001 I believe these are the PMG Cert Numbers?

I realize you can't verify these PCGS Currency holdered notes at PCGS but is there anywhere that you can?

GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020 7:35AM

incorrect...you can go to Legacy site to verify pcgs
    https://legacygrading.com/cert/
    it's a 65ppq

and yes, the 1886770-001 is the PMG #

• Options
    edited May 27, 2020 2:42AM

Ok ,thanks for that info and the link.

Do you know what the 2376301886770001G number on the back of the PMG Holder just above the bar code is?

Is the Large Size 1923 Silver Certificate in PMG 63 condition worth crossing to PCGS? If it keeps the same grade is there much difference in prices for PCGS compared to PMG?

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

absolutely no reason to get it crossed...unless you thing that you can squeeze a ppq out of them.

bar code if for tracking

• Options

Yes, I won't try to cross it,,,, I was just wondering. I really like alot of these older large sized notes.

I just sent 53 notes off today for grading,,,,,,, I wonder how long it will take to get grades?

Thanks for the info,,,,,

• Options

Anyone here got anything back in the new PCGS Bank Note Holders?

How long is grading taking from receiving to return shipping?

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020 7:29AM

@GRANDAM said:
    Is the Large Size 1923 Silver Certificate in PMG 63 condition worth crossing to PCGS? If it keeps the same grade is there much difference in prices for PCGS compared to PMG?

Most people have their notes graded to monetize them.
    The question boils down to what agency do you feel the future buyer of your notes would prefer.

My opinion for my notes is PMG,
    and I'm selling off my PCGS-C