Home Sports Talk

Do you workout or exercise?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious how many of the brethren workout or get exercise. Personally, I'm in the habit of jogging to the store. There's a grocery store right up the street from where I live, and I usually jog when I go there, and walk back. It saves gas, and I get exercise. Does anyone here exercise or workout?

Comments

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brisk 5 mile walk every morning....rain or shine. That’s about it.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020 4:27AM

It should also be noted that my jogs to the grocery store are a good workout, because there is a huge hill that I have to jog up, and it is a great workout. I have nicknamed that hill, "ground chuck hill". On the way back I'm carrying bags of groceries so by the time I get back, I'm exhausted.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I been lifting weights since 1985 when I was 15. At 49 I continue to go roughly 6x a week. My waist is the same size as it was when I went through the Sheriffs Department back in 1998. I have never been one to get jacked though, even back in my 30’s when I was maxing out at 340 Bench and 425 Squat I could not put size on, I’m muscular but not “Big” as I got to my mid 40’s I just lost my heavy bench and heavy squat though. Now I just do medium weight and do a 5x5 workout, meaning 5 different lifts 5 times sets of 5 and I do it fast to get cardio in. It’s all about diet now. I want my abs back 🤨

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020 9:36AM

tmi bro

, and no one said the answer had to involve algebra

@bronco2078 said:
    tmi bro

, and no one said the answer had to involve algebra

I failed algebra and graduated by completing Math 9, not a clue what algebra your referring too. I was talking to Double D anyways 🤷‍♂️

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020 10:00AM

Used to work out fairly hard, then my mid 40s hit with a bum hip and a couple herniated discs all waiting for surgeries. I hit the gym but can't lift what I used to and needed to, now it's lighter weight and reps.

Our gym just reopened Monday and I've hit it a couple times....this guy feels like a busted up 80-something fat bastage after being 'ronad for the past few months.

edited May 27, 2020 10:28AM

I sucked at algebra and math, of course that could be because I rarely attended algebra class, and I could usually be found in the school bathroom, sneaking a pinch of snuff to my mouth.

@perkdog said:
    I been lifting weights since 1985 when I was 15. At 49 I continue to go roughly 6x a week. My waist is the same size as it was when I went through the Sheriffs Department back in 1998. I have never been one to get jacked though, even back in my 30’s when I was maxing out at 340 Bench and 425 Squat I could not put size on, I’m muscular but not “Big” as I got to my mid 40’s I just lost my heavy bench and heavy squat though. Now I just do medium weight and do a 5x5 workout, meaning 5 different lifts 5 times sets of 5 and I do it fast to get cardio in. It’s all about diet now. I want my abs back 🤨

I enjoyed the post Perk. I like to hear about stuff like this.🖒

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    a train leaves seattle heading east at 72 mph with 200 passengers and another leaves chicago heading west at 56 mph with a 5 hour head start carrying 37 passengers all observing 6 ft covid distancing rules , will they meet in caspar wyoming and if so what time ?

>
    thatts fine an all but unless you are going to issue scratch paper to work it out please make it a multiple choice

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:
    a train leaves seattle heading east at 72 mph with 200 passengers and another leaves chicago heading west at 56 mph with a 5 hour head start carrying 37 passengers all observing 6 ft covid distancing rules , will they meet in caspar wyoming and if so what time ?

>
    thatts fine an all but unless you are going to issue scratch paper to work it out please make it a multiple choice

ok ive gotta give it up......this is one of the funniest things ive read in a while

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

>

They would meet roughly 5 miles east of Brockton MT about 16 hours 21 minutes after the Chicago train left (and 11 hours 21 minutes after the Seattle train left).

I’m just going to LOL and call it a day 👍

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 12 oz curl game is strong.

• sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector My 12 oz curl game is strong.

Mine too....... got ya beat by an ounce though. A shot of Bayou Satsuma Rum right out of the ice box with that cold 12 oz. Sip, chug, sip, chug... till gone. Repeat for 3-4 reps and feeling fine.