Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Anyone had issues with eBay's "Replica coins and currency policy" lately?

eBay removed a listing for a 1934 Chicago $1000 FRN and I can't figure out what their problem was. When I contact them, they read the same form letter about replicas must be one-sided, more than 75%, blah-blah-blah. When I explain it's not a replica they get all confused. It's a legit VF note - some slight edge tears, no pinholes, corners intact.

I'm wondering if I used a keyword that triggered something or listed in the wrong category - of course, I can't review the listing b/c when they pull it, it's as if it never existed. :)

They said they might call me back in 24-48 hours. Just wondered if anyone else had suggestions.

Maybe it's like when people take those notes to the bank - the counterfeit pens don't work on them, so it must be fake! ;)

Comments

• Options
    specksynderspecksynder Posts: 26 ✭✭✭

This is amusing - the reply I got:

"I can see that the listing classification is correct but the system is blocking your account due to 1000 number in it. The system believes you are selling 1000 items at once. Please change your title so that you can reinstate the listing by removing $1000 number from your title and keeping it only federal reserve note."

(The listing title was: 1934 $1000 One Thousand Dollar Chicago Federal Reserve Note Fr#2211G VF)

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Hmmm. What a pain, not to be able to put "$1000" in the listing title for a $1000 note!

The law of unintended consequences strikes again.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazy!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering now when ebay is not a problem

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might 1K also be okay? Weird. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    AtcarrollAtcarroll Posts: 343 ✭✭✭

spell it out. "thousand dollar bill", with no numerals.