Home Precious Metals
Options

What is $100 face of US silver coins worth ?

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone wanted to sell what price is fair ?

Thank you

Dan

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

$1240 is current melt, I always tried to get junk under melt but I guess with the current "shortage" (lol) $1240-$1300 would seem fair. Lightly circulated halfs being on the higher end of the range, slick junk dimes/quarters at the lower end. Good Luck!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    $1240 is current melt, I always tried to get junk under melt but I guess with the current "shortage" (lol) $1240-$1300 would seem fair. Lightly circulated halfs being on the higher end of the range, slick junk dimes/quarters at the lower end. Good Luck!

Thanks

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

APMEX's current sell price on $100 bags of junk 90% is $1595. apmex.com/90-silver-coins-100-face-value-bag

ebay is around $1700 or so. ebay.com/100-Face-Value-of-90-Silver-US-Coin

20% to 30% over melt is the going rate these days when selling retail.

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about 90% silver dollars that slightly circulated (XF/AU) ???

• Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

I know a dealer currently paying over 13x for any 90%

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2020 6:56AM

I was offered $2300 face value at 12.6 times face. I agreed. Caller never called back. So, to me, it’s ($1000 fv , $100 fv, or $10 fv) worth about the value of another’s word to buy or sell. My dealer wanted 13.6 X for such.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I was offered $2300 face value at 12.6 times face. I agreed. Caller never called back. So, to me, it’s ($1000 fv , $100 fv, or $10 fv) worth about the value of another’s word to buy or sell.

Dang counterparty risk. ;)

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020 3:12PM

@jimineez1 said:
    I know a dealer currently paying over 13x for any 90%

Edited as silver has done up, 13x is below melt, and yet people were still wanting me to sell at 13x......sorry, I don't mind being really fair and selling below ebay and some others, but not going to sell below melt when I don't "need" to sell, I just "want" to sell.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment