Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

How do you open wax packs? Card fronts or backs?

Just wondering if I am the only one who opens packs backs first? I like seeing the reverse of the cards as I go, not the fronts. Maybe it is a superstition. Seems like I’m in the minority here.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like seeing the backs first, too, which usually means starting from the front (top) of the pack if card on back is faced out.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like pictures. Reading is hard.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

After I weigh,feel,X-ray,go over with a metal detector then do I open the pack. :D But seriously, I usually push the cards down below the top perforation and cut across horizontally with scissors the upper top of the wrapper. Separate the back vertical seal about 2 inches down then slide the cards out back in view first. Then flip to face side up. Never cut a card yet.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    I like pictures. Reading is hard.

B)

• lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a wrong way to open packs? I would think of it as a Toilet Paper Roll and how you put it on your spindle, with the flap in or out that is the true mystery. Lol I made a funny.

I like to open back slowly for the anticipation.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies