Home Sports Talk
Options

Dak Prescott offered five year $175 million contract?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

NBC's Chris Simms reported on a radio program that the Cowboys have offered Dak Prescott a five year, $175 million contract. Has anyone else heard this?

Comments

• Options

If this turns out to actually happen, he will be the highest paid quarterback in NFL history.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will probably turn it down lol

• Options

@perkdog said:
    He will probably turn it down lol

😂😂😂😂

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Jones must have been out drinking.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally INSANE!!!! I don't know who the biggest idiot is here. To me based on his performance Dak is worth maybe 18M a year at best!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2020 8:36PM

He'd be making even more than Tony Romo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I have said on these forums before about Dak......He has accuracy issues..but he puts in a lot of work. Last year he had a reworked throwing motion. To paraphrase someone who works with him, it's like he went from a rifle to a rocket launcher. And it'll take time to figure it out.
    He doesn't get injured. He gets hurt, but not injured. He's available on Sunday. He has "it". The guys will run through that proverbial brick wall for him. He doesn't let a bad start or play get him down. With his new HC, I expect huge things from him.

For comparison..

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prescott mostly made his hay last year against bad teams. He threw 30 TDs, which seems great. Except 20 of them came in just 6 games, meaning he threw 10 in his other 10 games combined. That's terrible. Gotta do better than that.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    As I have said on these forums before about Dak......He has accuracy issues..but he puts in a lot of work. Last year he had a reworked throwing motion. To paraphrase someone who works with him, it's like he went from a rifle to a rocket launcher. And it'll take time to figure it out.
    He doesn't get injured. He gets hurt, but not injured. He's available on Sunday. He has "it". The guys will run through that proverbial brick wall for him. He doesn't let a bad start or play get him down. With his new HC, I expect huge things from him.

For comparison..

He is definitely better than those two, but I would take Brady, Rodgers, and Wilson over him. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys do this season (if there is a season) after the good draft and new coaching staff.

• Options

Dallas is set up to be really good, if I’m the Cowboys I’m going to see how Dak does before throwing stupid money at him

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Dallas is set up to be really good, if I’m the Cowboys I’m going to see how Dak does before throwing stupid money at him

Me too. And 175M is not stupid money.......it's TOTALLY INSANE MONEY!!!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

My team spent 185 million and still missed the playoffs! The tshirts will sell themselves

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    My team spent 185 million and still missed the playoffs! The tshirts will sell themselves

WHO got paid 185 million??!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

WHO got paid 185 million??!!

it was a typo , hint the tshirt will have a cowboys logo

• Options

its just his way of saying someone rescue me from being in Texas , he will probably take less to go to Cincinnati for instance.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    its just his way of saying someone rescue me from being in Texas , he will probably take less to go to Cincinnati for instance.

Who in their right mind would rather play in Cinn, than Dallas! LOL

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

if texas is so great move there :D

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

100 degrees and humid. In the winter! Hold your breath.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

100 degrees and humid. In the winter! Hold your breath.

A true cowboys fan would drop everything and move near the team, to bask in their glory or summat?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

If I was a NFL player Dallas would be my choice. But I will stay right here in Illinois.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

If I was a NFL player Dallas would be my choice. But I will stay right here in Illinois.

Hello Agent? Please send me to the team on a 25 year losing streak , in an uninhabitable part of the country pronto!

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

Hello Agent? Please send me to the team on a 25 year losing streak , in an uninhabitable part of the country pronto!

Bronc....you are a hoot! Yes, it has been a long dry spell as far as SB's go, but some teams have none compared to our 5! Which Cinn. is one of.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

Bronc....you are a hoot! Yes, it has been a long dry spell as far as SB's go, but some teams have none compared to our 5! Which Cinn. is one of.

All Jimmy johnson then an accidental extra?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

Wrong again Bronc. Landry 2......Johnson 2 and Switzer 1!

• Options

credit switzers to johnson , who is this landry fella?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

This Landry fella is Mr. Cowboy. The winningest Cowboy HC who won the first 2 SB's for Dallas. He is also one of the
    ALL-TIME winningest Coaches in the NFL! How soon we forget. ;)

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't matter, the Cowboys will never win another Super Bowl with Jerry Jones as the owner.

Which is one reason why i hope that Jerry Jones is immortal.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

This Landry fella is Mr. Cowboy. The winningest Cowboy HC who won the first 2 SB's for Dallas. He is also one of the

do you really give barry switzer credit for a superbowl?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

do you really give barry switzer credit for a superbowl?

He was the HC and gets credit for that SB win weather you or I or anyone likes it or not. Johnson built that team but Barry did coach that game. He was actually a cool dude......getting busted for packing in an Airport! B)

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

Wrong again. Cowboys 0. NFL wanting to sell T-shirts. 3. A washed up running back and $5M for 28 players and 3 SB’s. If It were any team Besides the NFL cash cow they would have been laughed out into the streets.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Herschel Walker deserves a Cowboys Super Bowl ring, if it wasn’t for the biggest train robbery in the history of the NFL the ‘Boys might not have won anything in the 90’s!

• Options

@2dueces said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

Wrong again. Cowboys 0. NFL wanting to sell T-shirts. 3. A washed up running back and $5M for 28 players and 3 SB’s. If It were any team Besides the NFL cash cow they would have been laughed out into the streets.

What kind of jibberish is this man! Sounds like a fan of a team that the Boys stomped 2 years in a row in the Super Bowl.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Herschel Walker deserves a Cowboys Super Bowl ring, if it wasn’t for the biggest train robbery in the history of the NFL the ‘Boys might not have won anything in the 90’s!

and jerry jones could not have had anything to do with it

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@2dueces said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

What kind of jibberish is this man! Sounds like a fan of a team that the Boys stomped 2 years in a row in the Super Bowl.

Yup that's me. The owner of 2 SB rings if it wasn't for a need to sell T-Shirts.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.