Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Top Loaders are getting scarce

I was at the only BM card shop within a 100 miles of me today. Owner was telling me that Top Loaders
are getting scarce. With many collectors ripping packs and boxes and putting the "good ones" in sleeves
and top loaders, they have become a valuable commodity. His supplier is sold out and doesn't expect a
shipment for a few months. Most top loaders supposedly come from China.

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tibor said:
    I was at the only BM card shop within a 100 miles of me today. Owner was telling me that Top Loaders
    are getting scarce. With many collectors ripping packs and boxes and putting the "good ones" in sleeves
    and top loaders, they have become a valuable commodity. His supplier is sold out and doesn't expect a
    shipment for a few months. Most top loaders supposedly come from China.

I don't know if the situation has improved since I last inquired about 2 weeks ago, but my LCS was completely out of the most commonly used sizes of corrugated storage boxes too, with a large back order.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought 500 with 500 sleeves last month for 52.99 delivered. Same seller is at 69.99 for the same deal. I was going to re order but I will wait

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn’t aware of this. That stinks. Thanks for the heads up.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Take a look at how many top loaders / sleeves are on back order at BCW:

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/trading-card/sleeves-toploaders

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

try finding a case of cs1s. maybe this will slow down subs and they can catch up?

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020 9:28PM

Card Saver 1's are extremely scarce. Even the factory that makes them is on back order for 4-6 weeks they claim at the moment. Most are being sold on ebay for 3-10X the price. Lots of sales of 50 packs priced above the old price of 200 pack boxes...

*The one place I was able to find them still not horribly priced...PSA's website. They sell 100 for $10 + shipping. Don't take them all!

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA must get thousands of the CS 1's every week. Maybe they could re-sell
    the used ones. There is a good possibility that the new ones come from China.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I stocked up on CS1s. still have 2 unopened 200 ct boxes.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

If you need sleeves I got around a 100 packs make me a offer I cant refuse.

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 332 ✭✭✭

@rmilin said:
    If you need sleeves I got around a 100 packs make me a offer I cant refuse.

Are they wide enough to fit fake 1952 Topps Mantles?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I'm sitting on a gold mine with 200 sealed Ultra Pro toploaders right now?

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I'll trade toliet paper for some

PackManInNC
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    I'll trade toliet paper for some

If it's Charmin Ultra Soft, deal. We're not out, but the one ply, off brand, and camper/RV stuff leaves much to be desired.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I recently picked up a case of CSI's. I think PSA destroys them after they grade the card unless it's rejected due to alteration or miscut or other Nx defect. At least that's what I've been told.

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

I had to go to amazon to get my Cardsaver 1's at a decent price.

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2020 4:53PM

wow

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Several years ago, I bought several 100ct packs of Ultra Pro Platinum card sleeves. I have to look up the price I paid, but it was well below $2/pack of 100. I am looking on the Ultra Pro Website now and see the platinum series card sleeves for $7.99 for a pack of 100ct. Guess that was a smart move back then. I ordered in bulk to save on shipping, looks like I also saved in other ways too. Thanks for the heads up!

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

2-ply ultra soft, 12 - pack

PackManInNC
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those snug fitting sleeves for PSA slabs probably come from China as well.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it is related, but is anyone else seeing a shortage of bubble mailers? I went to 3 different Walmarts and they were out of almost every size.