Home Sports Talk

Big Ben shaves beard

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big Ben Roethlisberger is gearing up for his return and the Steelers posted a video on Twitter Monday of him throwing passes to his teammates in practice. He missed most of the NFL 2019 season after undergoing elbow surgery. He also fulfilled a promise to the fans to shave his beard if he could complete an NFL caliber throw to his teammates.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know the Steelers nation has to be ready for his return, it will be interesting to see how he does when he does return, if we even have an NFL season.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020 3:03AM

Wow, Ben with that beard looks almost as stupid as Andrew Luck did with his, I didn’t think that was possible

I didn't even realize Ben had grown that beard, until I noticed the story online this morning. You have to be careful when you grow a beard like that, because bird's take notice of it and they are drawn to it because of it's resemblance to a bird's nest. This really happened to a man in 2018.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I didn't even realize Ben had grown that beard, until I noticed the story online this morning. You have to be careful when you grow a beard like that, because bird's take notice of it and they are drawn to it because of it's resemblance to a bird's nest. This really happened to a man in 2018.

it happened to peter griffin about 20 years ago bub

@bronco2078 said:

@doubledragon said:

it happened to peter griffin about 20 years ago bub

😂😂

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should have trimmed the beard instead of shaving it all off.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ben is such an exceptional athlete, yet always looked so out of shape. He commonly would have a double chin at the same point in the season other athletes are struggling to keep weight on.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

all beards look stupid

@bronco2078 said:
    all beards look stupid

Couldn’t agree more, like I said Big Ben is on par with Andrew Luck for the most ridiculous stupid look. Reminds me of the Red Sox players, talk about a bunch of ugly looking beards lol

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

That sound you hear is the bottom of the barrel being scraped for sports-related news stories.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is one guy who should never shave it. Harden has had his for so long that it's ingrained in his persona. you go to a Rockets game and there are ten thousand kids with fake beards on.

btw as revolting as Big Ben looks with that tangled web of hideousness attached to his chin, dare i say he looks even worse au naturel

@VikingDude said:
    That sound you hear is the bottom of the barrel being scraped for sports-related news stories.

Today it's beards, tomorrow it might be Toe nails. We're getting desperate here!!

But I must say, this beard thread surpassed all of my expectations. Thank you to everyone who made this beard thread a success!

😂😂😂

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Ben is such an exceptional athlete, yet always looked so out of shape. He commonly would have a double chin at the same point in the season other athletes are struggling to keep weight on.

In his own words "I normally don't work out in the offseason." Kind of an embarrassing statement coming from an elite athlete.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as women don't start wearing beards, i'm okay with it.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    all beards look stupid

That idiot on the Houston Rockets is living proof of that!

And eventually the bird population in Houston will track down James Harden and start a nest in his beard. He can't avoid them forever!