Home Sports Talk
Options

Air Jordan shoes sell for $560,000

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 17, 2020 9:21PM in Sports Talk

Sotheby's announced Sunday that they auctioned off a pair of Air Jordan 1 game used autographed shoes for $560,000. The shoes were worn by Michael Jordan in a game in 1985, and this pricetag set a record as the most expensive shoes ever sold. They went on to say that 10 bidders worldwide competed in an all out bidding war over the shoes. Feast your eyes on these puppies!

Comments

• Options

Sotheby's anticipated them selling for only $150,000 but they brought in over half a million! Somebody out there is doing pretty good financially today!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2020 2:27AM

The last dance being on recently absolutely helped to pump the bids on those for sure!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    The last dance being on recently absolutely helped to pump the bids on those for sure!

The last dance has driven up Jordan stuff to insane prices. This Jordan autographed rookie card sold for $125,000 on Ebay last week.

• Options

If anyone out there is thinking about making a Joe Louis documentary, you better think twice! I don't want to see Joe Louis prices go sky high. I'm warning you, don't make any Joe Louis documentaries, or I just might have to send my Penguin rocket after you!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember back in 1986 going into a local convenience store “Richdale” and looking at boxes of Fleer Basketball and grabbing boxes of 1986 Topps Baseball instead 😩🤮😭

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I remember back in 1986 going into a local convenience store “Richdale” and looking at boxes of Fleer Basketball and grabbing boxes of 1986 Topps Baseball instead 😩🤮😭

Yeah, they were talking about that in the trading card section a couple of weeks ago. They couldn't give away those 1986 fleer packs back then, and now a box of them usually sells for over $50,000. I wish I had a time machine!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Madness

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

So let me get something straight.... he wore these shoes his entire rookie year.......the nike's~ and then in his documentary he wears them his last game at MSG...... and he says his feet were soaked in blood..... so they didn't bleed your entire rookie year you used them and then suddenly they are drenched in blood????....I think its embellishment on MJ's part.... lil drama for the fans IMO.

• Options

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    So let me get something straight.... he wore these shoes his entire rookie year.......the nike's~ and then in his documentary he wears them his last game at MSG...... and he says his feet were soaked in blood..... so they didn't bleed your entire rookie year you used them and then suddenly they are drenched in blood????....I think its embellishment on MJ's part.... lil drama for the fans IMO.

Who knows with Jordan. I will say this, Jordan is mysterious. He reminds me of Dr Claw.