Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

So who's got 'em? Where's the upgrades?

I upgrade my 1921 Peace Dollar from a MS-63 to a MS-64 when I spotted one that had some really nice toning on it and have a With Arrows Half Dime and Stars Obverse Seated Half on the way, both in AU-58. Doubt either will be here by tomorrow, so I won't be adding the last two.

Anybody else have upgrades that they want to share here in the last two or three day of "competition?"
Keith ™

Comments

• Options
    I have a proof seated dollar coming from PCGS but who knows when it will arrive? Given Murphy's law it will be tomorrow, after I leave for a 1 week vacation. If I am super lucky it will arrive today.

The dollar used to be a NGC 64 now it is a PCGS PR 63 Cam. I don't think it will change my position in the complete type set, but it should force Dabigkahuna to buy another coin!! image
  • Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    I bid on two pieces at the Bowers auction last night, but I can't remember which of the Large Cents I bid on, so it will be Monday before I know anything there. You would think that they would have a lot tracking function like Heritage has that lets you see your bids even after the auction has gone to the floor.
    Keith ™

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waitimg for Coins to Arrive Before Starting Type Set. image Have the Buffalo in MS66 but its a REAL Common One and of Course a Merc is Always Available.image
      Ken
    1. Options
      No more upgrades allowed until July 1st.
      Bill

09/07/2006
    2. Options
      I think I'll go buy another SLQ for that last remark.

Keith ™

3. Options
      Go ahead see if I care.
      Bill

09/07/2006
    4. Options
      The Large Cent from "Spooly" Got Here.image It will Fit in Nicely in the XF/AU Set that will be Started.
        Thanks Eric !! And Yes I like It.image
      1. Options
        That piece really looks familiar.
        Keith ™

2. Options
        Are You Saying It Has Been Passed Around ??image Going No Where Now. Coins I Buy from Board Members Stay Put.
          Sentimental Value to Me.image
            Was The Buff a Decent AU Coin ?? I thought it Might Be Graded a Little High Myself.
          1. Options
            Spooly showed me about 2 boxes worth of Large Cents a while back. Not sure which ones they were, but they all looked nice.
            Keith ™

2. Options
            OK, the weekend came and went and I saw little movement on the sets that I follow -- one nice set added to 20th Century Gold design, but that's about it.

Did anyone else see any big moves?
            Keith ™

3. Options
            pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
            in a dream i saw spooley go from one side of the room to the other...

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
          4. Options
            pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
            and then he stopped image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill