Home Sports Talk
Options

Brett Rodgers?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, Aaron Rodgers is feeling the heat a little bit by the move that the Green Bay Packers pulled in the draft. He has said that retiring a Packer may not be a reality because of the Packers obtaining Jordan Love. He compared the situation to the Packers getting rid of Brett Favre to make room for him. It would appear that Aaron Rodgers is feeling the heat.

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a G 'N R, Bon Jovi, Poison, Motley Crue kinda guy, but I have no shame in admitting that I had to stop what I was doing when Whitney's video would play in heavy rotation during that time. Beautiful woman, beautiful voice.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I’m Rodgers I’d be pretty annoyed, I can’t stand him but the Packers should have drafted a stud WR for him, he still has several years ahead of him and he is playing at a high level. Love is probably not a must have QB, meaning they probably could have let him go and tried another QB next year. They were close enough last year and a little WR help or TE help would have been a smarter move. They can’t absorb the cap hit by getting rid of Rodgers so now is not the time for them to rebuild especially since they are a good team

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Its a business. Just because you're in quaint, little, family-friendly Green Bay does not mean you are immune to it.

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    I was a G 'N R, Bon Jovi, Poison, Motley Crue kinda guy, but I have no shame in admitting that I had to stop what I was doing when Whitney's video would play in heavy rotation during that time. Beautiful woman, beautiful voice.

Yes, she has one of the greatest voices of all time, her early songs bring back a lot of great memories of the 80s. I'm also a GNR type guy, but I do enjoy her 80s stuff.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    If I’m Rodgers I’d be pretty annoyed, I can’t stand him but the Packers should have drafted a stud WR for him, he still has several years ahead of him and he is playing at a high level. Love is probably not a must have QB, meaning they probably could have let him go and tried another QB next year. They were close enough last year and a little WR help or TE help would have been a smarter move. They can’t absorb the cap hit by getting rid of Rodgers so now is not the time for them to rebuild especially since they are a good team

Yeah, I think you summed it up pretty good with one word, "annoyed". You can tell he is annoyed by the move, but he is playing great at this point in his career.

• Options
    edited May 16, 2020 6:23AM

I like a little NFL drama with my breakfast, so I will be watching the story unfold between Rodgers and Love. Of course it probably won't happen, but I would love to see a power struggle between Rodgers and Love.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I like a little NFL drama with my breakfast, so I will be watching the story unfold between Rodgers and Love. Of course it probably won't happen, but I would love to see a power struggle between Rodgers and Love.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

He's older than Brett was when they drafted Rodgers. He's 37. Only a moron would be a 37yr old quarterback and expect the team to not draft a replacement. Even the Patriots did it.