Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Labeling Errors?

Hi,
Just came across this - look at front label (Mercanti signed), and the back label and cert #. The registering on the PCGS site shows the item PCGS# as 9837 - This should be a 519802, correct? - Is there a way to have this corrected? Or do I have something super rare LOL.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently had a Kennedy proof mislabeled. 2006 PR70 DCAM labeled. Coin is actually a 2001. I asked on the forum if any significance, added value etc. I was told by several members here on the forum no added value. Send it back in to our hosts and they will place the correct label. Haven't done that yet and not sure if i will.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

This type of thing is fairly rare, but it can happen. After all, over 80,000,000 coins have been graded. Also, there is not much extra value in the discrepancy on the label but some people do pay a bit more for the Mercanti, if it also matches the number.

However, keep in mind it could be that the Mercanti label in the slab is wrong, and the PCGS number is correct.

Best to just send an email to info@PCGS.com to see if they have any recommendation, one way or another.