Home Autographs Forum

Does anyone know any golf autographs.. need assistance please

Best Answer

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Mystekka said:
    Wow... that’s amazing you really know your golfers.. I am so impressed thank you so much!!! You’re the man!!!... I was thinking about selling this collection would you might know what it would be worth by chance?

Thanks!

I've just been collecting (mainly baseball) autographs for so long, that I've become fairly decent in deciphering them, at least the older ones from before 2000. I also used to watch all the golf tournaments on TV, so I know who the major players were.

Unfortunately, I really have no idea what the hat would be worth.

Good luck!

Steve

Answers

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only know Arnold Palmer's signature and he isn't there. :p

The letter tells you who the framed flag is from.

edited May 11, 2020 3:53PM

On the bill of the hat, top left is Ben Crenshaw.
    Under Crenshaw, is Curtis Strange.
    Below Strange, is Tom Watson.
    Top-middle is Lanny Wadkins.
    Immediately below and to the right of Wadkins is Fred Couples.
    To the right of Couples, is Nick Price.
    Bottom-right, is Hale Irwin.
    Bottom-middle is Bernhard Langer.

Steve

• Wow... that’s amazing you really know your golfers.. I am so impressed thank you so much!!! You’re the man!!!... I was thinking about selling this collection would you might know what it would be worth by chance?

The sig in picture #3 with the Mitsubishi logo, is Tom Kite.

Steve

And picture #2 is Larry Nelson.

Steve

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mystekka said:
    I was thinking about selling this collection would you might know what it would be worth by chance?

I collect and sell a lot of golf items. None of these guys are very tough autos to find and being on Champions Tour material instead of their PGA days drops the value significantly. I'd guess $75 or so on the framed flag and around $30 on the hat. Unless you happen to be located in Hawaii, these will probably be tough to move, especially the framed flag with shipping costs. Cool items, nonetheless!

John Cook won this event in both 2011 and 2013, you might be able to determine which year these were signed by comparing participants or photos.

• Thank you very much. I appreciate it tremendously!.. I believe these are from 2013