Home Q & A Forum

Is Liberty doubled on this 1965 Dime

I would like to apologize in advance because I have to use a few pictures from my microscope, I know many people don't like them but it was the only way I could get a close up. I have a 1965 Dime where Liberty looks doubled but since I am still learning I would appreciate your input. You can see it on the inside top loop of the B and R.
Thank you

Comments

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks flat and shelf-like. Not seeing any indication of split serifs, so it appears to be minor mechanical doubling.

The die appears to be heavily polished resulting in some of the relief missing around the nose. Cool, but no added value IMO

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • AttumraAttumra Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2020 4:36PM

Agree Looks like MD. keep posting and asking that's how we learn what to look for. GL. The nose issues looks cool I would keep just for that.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pics are pretty good, and show what you see.

Tend to agree with the above assessments.

My own general opinion is that people shouldn't be looking at random coins for DDs. If there is a known DD for that a particular year then those should be scrutinized for the specific markers/diagnostics of known examples.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the above.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2020 6:28PM

@Oldhoopster said:

The die appears to be heavily polished resulting in some of the relief missing around the nose. Cool, but no added value IMO

I was so busy looking at the doubling that I missed the nose.

That is what makes this coin interesting! :p

• Thank you all so much for your help. I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.
    Ginny

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends nose. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken