Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Thurman Munson high grade

whats the deal with the Thurman high grades? like 8.5 or higher? how do I get one?

Answers

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

His rookie 1970, his popular 1971 or some other year(s)?

There are only five PSA 8.5's and four PSA 9's of his second year card no 10's, if that's what you are referring to. Getting one of those is going to be next to impossible and if one is for sale, it will be very very expensive. 8's go for $1,600.00-2,200.00.

If you're seriously chasing the 1971 card, look on ebay and also watch the auction houses.

Eventually, one will come up for sale.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jlazjlaz Posts: 4

Yes I’m talking bout 1971. Do you think the sgc cards would crossover to psa? I saw one psa 9 on pwcc that was way off center on the back

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't count on SGC crossing over. Most likely it has already been submitted and tried with no luck. 71's are brutal to get in high grade. If you ask me a 71 PSA 9 is like hitting a PSA 10 on most other early 70's cards. If I were buying a 71 in a SGC holder I would plan on leaving it and enjoy as is. Good luck with whatever you decide.

@jlaz said:
    Yes I’m talking bout 1971. Do you think the sgc cards would crossover to psa? I saw one psa 9 on pwcc that was way off center on the back

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2020 10:24AM

@jlaz said:

Good question, PSA does not seem to like to give out 9's to this year. 1962 and 1975 are a couple of other years that are unusually tough as well. Backs can still be off-center and get a 10.

Without a scan or link to the auction, (didn't see anything on ebay) I would say no.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set