Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

The Hitman had a stroke.....

More bad luck for the Hart Family... From the Calgary Herald

(Jun 28) CALGARY (CP) - Legendary Calgary wrestler Bret (The Hitman) Hart has suffered a mild stroke and was in stable condition in a Calgary hospital, his personal assistant said Thursday.

"He's making phenomenal progress," Marcy Engelstein told the Calgary Herald. Wrestling historian and author Dave Meltzer reported on his Web site wrestlingobserver.com that Hart's stroke resulted from a bicycle accident Monday.

Meltzer said Hart was riding at high speeds when his bicycle hit a pothole. The wrestler flew over the handlebars and landed on the back of his head. After a battery of tests at an unnamed Calgary hospital, Hart was told he had suffered a stroke on the right side of his brain.

Hart, a former world wrestling champion with both the World Wrestling Federation and Ted Turner's now defunct World Championship Wrestling, was forced to retire in 2000 after he suffered a concussion during a match with the wrestler Goldberg.

Hart was warned that he could suffer a stroke if he took another blow to the head.

When contacted Thursday evening, Bret's father, Stu Hart said: "He did have an accident while riding his bike and he's in the hospital."

Calgary hospitals say they have no patient checked in under the name Bret Hart.

A family insider, who wished to remain anonymous, confirmed Hart suffered a stroke.

Meltzer's Web site reports Hart has made "great progress since Monday, but has very limited control of the left side of his body."

(Calgary Herald)

Comments

• Options
    who was the guy that got tangled & fell to his death?? i don't know wrestling
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    imageimage: D@mn dude! The Hart family has had it's ups and downs at all stages througout the years...Get well Hitman...although I don't see you much anymore...imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>who was the guy that got tangled & fell to his death?? i don't know wrestling >>

Owen Hart, I don't know if he got tangled up though, I know he fell though.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭

<< <i>who was the guy that got tangled & fell to his death?? i don't know wrestling >>

That'd be his brother Owen Hart...sad sad sad...
  • Options
    were/are Owen & Bret bros?
  • Options
    o. ok
  • Options
    thats sad man... my familys wierd like that too... lost 2 to cancer last year (28 & 53 years old)... my grandmas have all kinds of problems... it seems like sumthin happens every other day image
    another has cancer... suks

o ya... lost my greatgrandpa (kinda) awhile ago to cancer.

hope it don't happen to anyone else becuase i don't 'What if...' i do ' What to do when...'

- Kevin