Home U.S. Coin Forum

What can I use to get this glue off the coin

2»

Comments

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send it in to the Nova Scotia Research Society (Oak Island) so they can do a chemical analysis maybe deteremine the age of substance Non-Destructive Testing carbon testing for removal soak time in a chemical to be determined at a later date.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PTVETTER said:
    common date I think it's a 1922

If it is a 1922 it isn't worth bothering with. Why risk fooling around with dangerous chemicals?

All glory is fleeting.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

what 291fifth said, send it to the melter, you're already past breaking even on it because of time wasted thinking, reading and trying to fix it. think about it....................... B)

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing the OP is just having fun with his coin while enjoying the challenge of getting that gunk off the coin without damaging the coin.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

You ain’t got that sombich clean yet?

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:

@PTVETTER said:

If it is a 1922 it isn't worth bothering with. Why risk fooling around with dangerous chemicals?

Always looking to add knowledge!
    It's not about money only !

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PTVETTER said:

@291fifth said:

@PTVETTER said:

Always looking to add knowledge!
    It's not about money only !

Knowledge is good but dangerous chemicals, when not carefully used, are not.

All glory is fleeting.
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2022 2:46PM

How about this prooflike Morgan? I'm soaking it in acetone, wonder if there is anything stronger? Upper right edge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file