Home Sports Talk
Options

RIP Don Shula

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone my age will always think of you when the Miami Dolphins are mentioned.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coach.

RIP

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coach and he had a fantastic restaurant when it was here in the Detroit area. The menu was a football!

He signed an autograph football for my son.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

He went out secure in the knowledge he is the winningest NFL coach and coach of a perfect season team. Read a good book on his life earlier this year. RIP.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coach and great person. R.I.P. Don.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

R.I.P.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

he is forever tied to Cleveland/NorthEastern Ohio despite claims by Miami. born on my Mom's 5th birthday about 10 miles from where I live today and 15 miles from where I was born and raised he finished HS at Painesville Harvey and College at John Carroll University, getting a Masters Degree years later at Case western Reserve University. he played his first couple of years with the Browns and carried the influence of his HC, Paul Brown, with him for his entire career. he was an exemplary athlete and a studious Coach who paid attention to the details.

I know others will disagree, especially Patriots fans, but his 1972 Team ranks as the Best of All-Time simply because they did what nobody else has ever been able to do. perhaps Grand River, Ohio's most famous Son will be remembered well.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    he is forever tied to Cleveland/NorthEastern Ohio despite claims by Miami. born on my Mom's 5th birthday about 10 miles from where I live today and 15 miles from where I was born and raised he finished HS at Painesville Harvey and College at John Carroll University, getting a Masters Degree years later at Case western Reserve University. he played his first couple of years with the Browns and carried the influence of his HC, Paul Brown, with him for his entire career. he was an exemplary athlete and a studious Coach who paid attention to the details.

I know others will disagree, especially Patriots fans, but his 1972 Team ranks as the Best of All-Time simply because they did what nobody else has ever been able to do. perhaps Grand River, Ohio's most famous Son will be remembered well.

oh please :D

larry kazooguy has to tweet about how Shula was ever so great and he didnt CHEAT :D Of course all these old buzzards cheated and they also won during the no free agency no salary cap days those wins dont even count now.

Nothing that happened in any sport previous to when I personally started watching it means anything at all anyway. No I dont care if the dad from little house on the prairie pitched a no hitter and hit 3 home runs in the same game either.

You old timey football fans are the worst , oh they won a championship in a 3 team league full of nobodies :D big deal. Football both sucked and blew in those days and doesn't matter at all. 78 1 yard rushes in one game , there is a reason it wasnt on TV it was dismal no one would have watched. It wasn't worth watching until they fixed the game starting in the 70's , granted they ruined it in the 2000's but who cares they will never play another game anyway (coron-apocalypse)

As far as I'm concerned Paul Brown lived 4 houses down from me when I was a kid and worked for the water department. Which is exactly as important as whatever some other paul brown is credited with supposedly doing.

now I'm not saying Don is better or worse than Bill B. I don't like Bill either. I just watch the game that is on now and history only matters with real things , of which sports is not one.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP. My condolences.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows the name of Don Shula. Sad news.