Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

July 29, 1957 Braves / Giants Ticket Stub

Hi,

I have had this for many years, since the mid 70's,not sure where I got it from. Braves won, 9-8 after tying it in the 9th with a walk off in the 10th. Great game for sure. 5 future HOF's on the field at once, including some of the best ever, Aaron, Mays and Spahn!

I like the disclaimer on the back about photos etc. Imagine trying to enforce that today!

Any value on these type of items? Just curious...

Thanks!

K

ANA LM

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

saw Mays hit a HR that day....Maybe to a Mays HR ticket collector it would sell for about $20 - $25

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been selling a bunch of early ‘50s Phillies tickets and programs recently on eBay (a bunch up there right now with more to come) and have gotten $50+ for games featuring a Campy homer and another featuring a Jackie Robinson extra inning dinger. Could get some decent money for yours - I did my homework and laid out what happened during the game for the big name guys (the Mays homer being the key, but check the other guys and see who else may have done something). Good luck!

Jim

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comments!

ironmanfan - wow...a great era to be a baseball fan! Well they all are really, some seem to be more special :)

burghman - Never really thought about that but it would be fun to collect ticket stubs like that. Hmmm...Campy HR stubbs would be neat.

calaban - Thanks for the link to RetroSheet! I have already bookmarked it and started using it. My new go to place for box scores!

K

ANA LM