Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WOW!!!! 2002 P & D Sac MS67's on ebay

WOW!!!! Check these prices out. Congratulations to the high bidder. I guess moderns are going nowhere!

2002 PCGS MS67 SAC DOLLARS.....ON EBAY
NICKEL TRIUMPH...

Comments

• Options
    This was a huge price paid for these 2 coins. Hopefully with mint sets now out and another production run in rolls, these prices will come down as more 67's are graded.image
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Supercoin thought these would be very rare, based on the first rolls. I believe he was offering $100 for a high grade sight unseen - perhaps a 66?
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BIN was much less than that $600.00++ total. I should have jumped on it then. I remember what this forum said about these being tough in anything MS66 and up.

peacockcoins

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Only" $633 for 2 examples of the current year's coinage?? PT Barnum was right. Until it has been determined that there are very few MS67 in mint sets, that seems absurdly high. Granted, the bags and rolls sold by the Mint contained coins of very poor quality, but the Mint sets are fairly new on the market, and it now appears that the Mint will be striking more 2002 dollars for sale to collectors in bags and rolls. It's possible that they'll be better than the earlier batch. Paying over $600 seems like a big gamble.

p.s. The background that I'm seeing for that lot is really obnoxious. Is it always like that, or only after the end of the auction?

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Dang-What will the first MS68 bring?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    My Eyes hurt from looking at that "angel.fire" wallpaper! Yeow! I could hardly find the coins let alone the price. I will take your word on it!

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimageimage
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seller is becoming famous on the "other" board for terrible auction listings. Really should take a 1st grade lesson on HTML, or just not use any (since they obviously do not know how to)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Yikes!!! PT would be proud image
  • Options
    This seems like a price that would be realized a year or 2 down the road , after a bunch of the mint set coins and " special " collector rolls had been submitted and none made it. Big time gamble right now , unless you just wanted to own the first graded ; ( why ? ) . There should be 68's out there.
    Howie
    Howie--Always looking to upgrade SBA , MS Eagles & Ikes
  • Options
    They say "patience is a virtue"--something I'm pretty short on. I'm glad though, that I didn't get in the middle of the bidding on these. There's a lot of 2002's yet to be graded and I'm hoping for some 68's!!image
  • Options
    There is already a 2002-d in ms68. Give it a few months, as the mint sets are broken up, expect to see hundreds of ms67's dozens of ms68's and maybe a couple ms69's just look at the pop of the 2000-p
    Say no to ACG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    I was offering $200 (I think) for MS67 sight-unseen, based on the quality of the rolls. In my experience, previous years' mint sets have actually been worse than rolls (for Sacs anyway, not quarters, weird). So it seemed like a reasonable bet. Luckily nobody took me up on my 100 limit. image

Glad to see there will be some nice 2002 Sacs after all, especially if it ends up being the last year for them.
  • Options
    The quality of the Sac's is really bad this year. The Philly coins are particularly ugly. I looked at a lot of coins and my best Philly was MS66. My best Denver was the first MS68, but I don't expect a lot of them. Maybe a couple MS69's will be made but I wont be surprised if there are none. We will just have to wait and see.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN