Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

JUNK WAX ERA RACK PACKS

I have a few junk wax era rack packs that have stars on the top for instance I have a 1986 rack with Clemens in the middle are these types of racks even worth $10 dollars?

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

For junk wax, I'd say generally speaking, no. But if the right player collector comes along, depending also on who else is showing on the pack, it's possible. I've witnessed a few in my LCS get bought in the $10-$20 range. An 89 Fleer rack with both an OC Griffey Jr and a George Brett on top sold for $15, an 87 Topps with Bo on top sold for $10, an 87 Donruss blister pack with Bo on top sold for $15, an 84 Topps with a slightly damaged Strawberry (had a barely noticeable side ding/notch) on top sold for $10...

There was relatively recently (around December) an auction for a mixed lot of 26 racks of 86 Topps and 87 Donruss on eBay with stars showing on every pack like Boggs, Rose, Clemens, and Canseco that I was able to win for under $70 total, including shipping. It was roughly about $2.60 per pack.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been a while since I did my searches but I've seen Griffey RCs and Bonds RCs sell for more than $10. If you have something that might be legitimately rare, put it up with a decent BIN and wait for your perfect buyer. I paid $25 for an '88 Topps rack with the Comstock white on top. I would think Billy Ripken FF would get more than $10, too.

Arthur

• Options

Yeah with the right buyer I can see getting $10 but if you sold 10 racks together I doubt someone would pay $100.
    Like my 1986 Rack pack with Clemens in the middle what would you think would be a better value the rack pack or a 1986 Clemens graded a PSA 10?