Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

COVID19 online poker game reveals a Babe Ruth auto

Since we can't get together and lie (and play cards), the normal group of guys I play with have switched to online and a few new guys that don't live in town have started to play. The other night, as the game was ending, we were talking sports and I mentioned my card collection and one guy says, "oh, you might like to see this". He pulls out the attached and holds it up the camera and says his relative was an umpire for the game and got an autograph. It looks like the Yankees did a summer barnstorming tour on the day and year of the ticket. What do you all think about the auto? I told him I would ask around and, well, I'm asking around.

IWTDMBII

Comments

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

Looks good to me.

All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

might be..On 07/19 they were in St. Louis and the 21st they were in Chicago

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Taken directly from the SABR website

https://sabr.org/bioproj/park/7a06f6cb

"The following summer the entire Yankees team, known as Murderers' Row, returned to St. Paul for an exhibition game. The Yankees beat the Saints, 9-8, on Wednesday, July 20, 1927."

The ticket and story sound authentic!!

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

There is also a NW Umpires association still in existence and their website is touting their 100th anniversary. Your buddy may want to try and contact them for info on his relative so that he can obtain even more provenance to increase the value of that ticket stub/auto

http://www.nwumpires.com/home/

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

interesting info.........

Roy Campanella, Leo Durocher, Lefty Gomez and Duke Snider were among some future major leaguers who played for the Saints. Hall of Fame inductees who managed the St. Paul Saints were Walter Alston in 1948 and 1949, and Charles Comiskey from 1895 to 1899.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you lost the hand? 😉