Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Problems with Panini Product??

Has anyone else had problems with Panini having production damage with brand new cards? I mean I opened a bunch of 2020 Draft Football this week. After sorting it all, I noticed that 30-35% of the cards had at least some sort of damage to them (i.e. fish eyes, blemishes, roller marks, scratches and dents). I pulled 55 cards out and actually marked on the cards and noted the issues, scanned them and sent them to Panini. to be told that my issue was "minimal and there was nothing they could do for me!!"
The 55 were the worst of the worst...one being a Tua Red Prizm rookie!! One of the best cards out there and it has multiple fish eyes and a dent that is under the gloss front. Clearly from the factory!! I can't be the ONLY one out there who sees this!!??!!
Any thoughts...

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2020 12:31AM

This is not the first time I've heard about Panini's shenanigans. There was a thread on here not too long ago about an autographed N'Keal Harry Panini card. The card was pulled and had some kind disgusting stain or smudge on it, and It looked like someone used it as a napkin. Here's a picture of the card.

• Options

Thanks for the info...I will try to find the thread...I personally am boycotting them....I am going to have tee shirts made up and where them to every show and the National when they open back up....It will be something colorful like,,,"%#$% Panini Products"

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Panini isn't a quality product?...............shocker

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

This must be the Panini employee that handled that N'Keal Harry card.

• Options

It's real simple....CLEAN your flippin processing plant....the scratches are from rollers that aren't greased...the fish eyes are from bad air and particles in the processing plant....put in some hood vents...and those gross smudges are glue residueon the machines....plain and simple...CLEAN it up!! A small amount of effort would go a long way!! Do you see any card producers sending bad paint jobs out there and saying too bad..it's "minimal""??

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2020 6:16PM

They completely forgot the logos on some of my cards.

And if you think all these are bad, just ebay search the Jordan Swagerty / Magic Johnson cards.

• Options
    CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 8:14AM

@SoFlo6677 said:
    It's real simple....CLEAN your flippin processing plant....the scratches are from rollers that aren't greased...the fish eyes are from bad air and particles in the processing plant....put in some hood vents...and those gross smudges are glue residueon the machines....plain and simple...CLEAN it up!! A small amount of effort would go a long way!! Do you see any card producers sending bad paint jobs out there and saying too bad..it's "minimal""??

I've been in the printing business for almost thirty years and your assessment is spot on sir!