Home Q & A Forum
Options

Should I be worried about my USPS shipment taking this long?

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 27, 2020 11:02AM in Q & A Forum

I shipped out a coin to a winner from San Jose to Michigan on April 14th.. looks like something happened on April 19 and now it’s stuck!

The buyer has been very patient, but obviously they’re wondering where the coin is. It was a 1950 PR67 PCGS Washington quarter.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully the guy who sweeps up will find it and throw it back onto the conveyor belt. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

It happened to me ... it took about 3wks to get it.

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29, 2020 1:52PM

That conveyor belt theory looks like it holds water!

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2020 9:15AM

I lost one going to NY. Tracking said it was delivered, never did show up.

Ken
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kiyote said:
    That conveyor belt theory looks like it holds water!

It really does happen. There's also bins that are supposed to roll that don't anymore, so if anything gets under those it won't get found until we pull the place apart once every few weeks. Also, the girl who sweeps the floors and the guy who does garbage bags often find things. Smalls are horrible. Personally we have gratings that are 1/2" slots by 4", and you can imagine how many letters and mailers fall through. Of course, there's no easy access, so if any fall - when someone is turning a 75lb bag of them upside down onto a waxed metal slide - it can take some time for them to re-enter the sort. Last Christmas I found a mailer that had made it into the bracing inside a trailer, no idea, but I couldn't help but think how happy that person was that their index cards or coin or who knows made it for the holiday.

• Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

I had a package that went into limbo in Detroit last week. 6 days latter it was delivered with no further tracking info between Detroit and Maine.
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it's worth, I just got a text message that a package from April 9th is available for pickup. It was shipped from half a state away. Sometimes stuff just gets lost.

Eventually someone will clean the facility or the package car or find it in an old tote or bags. Then it re-enters the sort with all the other packages.

Like any other employees anywhere else, some might be afraid of discipline at work, so they will sneak it in your box. Some just wanna be good people and some do it because they're great at their jobs.

Generally, package handlers don't like stuff that isn't theirs laying around. The second stuff is found its thrown back on the belt and kicked out the door.