Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1997-98 Upper Deck Series 2 Basketball Blisters

I’m curious if anyone has any thoughts about value on 1997-98 Upper Deck Series 2 Basketball Blisters, or any other info such as rarity. I think unopened examples are probably absurdly rare, mostly because series 2 unopened is fairly tough as is, jumbos seem to be very rare, and over the past 4 years or so I’ve never seen any blisters pop up anywhere. Is there much of a premium on these?

Some background on why the series 2 goes so high -
It’s the first time game worn swatches were included on a card. Furthermore, Jordan signed 23 of his, making that card in particular a holy grail. The last one I’m aware of sold for just shy of 100k back in 2018. I’m guessing with all the Jordan insanity lately, it would be a 250k+ card these days.

The blisters have a 22 card jumbo pack, and also have a 3 1/2 x 5 jumbo version of the team defining moments cards.

I believe my dad probably got these at a Target or Wal Mart back in the day, but not sure. A few years ago we ripped all but 6 (2 Bulls, and 4 Lakers), keeping those unripped thinking there’d be a premium. Below is a pic of one of the Bulls ones.