Home Sports Talk
Options

aww crap I kinda own some sports cards after all

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 23, 2020 6:25PM in Sports Talk

I found these while going through a stamp collection. I have a few more packs , supposedly some packs have may have autographed items inside.

These are actually high face value giant stamps

darryl sittler 's name is printed funny. Screw that guy 10 points in one game against my team :s

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry that happened to you.

Sounds like you would have rather caught the corona virus. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:

:#

im intrigued by them , I'm selling off this collection of canadian postage on ebay and I found what looks like packs of hockey cards. I wonder if people ever use them for postage or how many there are.

Those 6 came from the same pack, disgusted with the sydney crosby obviously , but i saw the sittler card and really to me the only thing anyone remembers about him here is that one game.

6 goals and 4 assists in a single game! no one will ever do that again in the NHL

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

im intrigued by them , I'm selling off this collection of canadian postage on ebay and I found what looks like packs of hockey cards. I wonder if people ever use them for postage or how many there are.

Those 6 came from the same pack, disgusted with the sydney crosby obviously , but i saw the sittler card and really to me the only thing anyone remembers about him here is that one game.

6 goals and 4 assists in a single game! no one will ever do that again in the NHL

Sometimes as a seller, you never know what you'll get on Ebay.

But if you find similar items on Ebay, and to the left of the screen click "sold items", it will provide an indication based on other recent sales of what price it may bring.

All ya need is two whales that "have to have it" and when it's over, you've got a nice pile of cash.

Good luck!

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

Sometimes as a seller, you never know what you'll get on Ebay.

But if you find similar items on Ebay, and to the left of the screen click "sold items", it will provide an indication based on other recent sales of what price it may bring.

All ya need is two whales that "have to have it" and when it's over, you've got a nice pile of cash.

Good luck!

its just a black hole when it comes to Canada. I love the place but the way they run their stamp thing and the way they run the coin thing its like the massive head injury ward is in charge. no rhyme or reason to anything series that start and end halfway thru , weird face values , oddball sizes its a nightmare. I'd ask on the stamp forum but in my expirience it takes 3 to 5 years for anyone to view a new post there. Tumbleweeds are the main activity over there

• Options
    edited April 24, 2020 6:08AM

ok i used that to search sold and found this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canada-Post-2016-NHL-Sidney-Crosby-UV-ink-Error-Printing-variety/114191023803?hash=item1a9650bebb:g:53UAAOSwMg5cAtDr

the sittler card I have has weird ink also, 5.75 canadian for such a major error? :D face value of the 2 cards is 3.60

that is the sad state of canadian collectibles , of course I didnt actually pay anything for the cards so in percentage terms its whoa!!

one in like 1000 packages has an autographed card

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GUY-LAFLEUR-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPH-2016-CANADA-POST-STAMP-CARD-MONTREAL-CANADIENS-/164097356435?hash=item2634f6f293:g:YhIAAOSwoeVeRAKA&nma=true&si=7fd48LSlMdsgUwCqKNKmHFfeM%2BM%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

not exactly the megabucks, I guess I'll open all of them and see

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come over to our side bronco. Start collecting with us. You know you want to, and hey look, everybody's doing it.

• Options

Perhaps not worth a lot of money, but they are cool.

Of course those type of images wouldn't be allowed here in the US because a person must be deceased to be featured on federal government issued stamps, coins, and currency.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

They are very cool indeed.
    I do love the Sid.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

@stevek said:

Of course those type of images wouldn't be allowed here in the US because a person must be deceased to be featured on federal government issued stamps, coins, and currency.

i think i might run a few head to head auctions on ebay. Start at a penny bruins versus les habitants , versus might have enough red wings to put them in the mix.

They only put out 6 a year , not sure how many years , its strictly a greatest hits thing no one but the greats

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

i think i might run a few head to head auctions on ebay. Start at a penny bruins versus les habitants , versus might have enough red wings to put them in the mix.

They only put out 6 a year , not sure how many years , its strictly a greatest hits thing no one but the greats

i ran another auction of these the other day and as a result got into a huge back and forth with the buyer about old time hockey and the rancid current season.

He is in Philly but not old enough to remember the 70's Flyers teams . Which is kinda sad because wow even though they stole two cups from my team then the way they went about it was epic

• Options

The "Broad Street Bullies" used to kick the chit out of other teams on the ice, and Philly fans loved it. Of course was not only about that, they did it with style winning hockey games and a couple Stanley Cups. B)

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

I bought a stamp collection once for $200.00. Besides the several albums, cigar boxes of stamps and first day covers, and other misc stuff, it had $4,625.00 in unused US Postage. Needless to say that is what I have been using to ship my ebay sales.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

So bronco buys and sells stamps?

I thought only 80-90 year old British aristocrats did that.

• Options

@Darin said:
    So bronco buys and sells stamps?

I thought only 80-90 year old British aristocrats did that.

I inherited a collection from my uncle who passed away in 2017. There was nearly 10,000 dollars in forever stamps in it and they will fit in a briefcase . And they are earning interest at around 4% a year.

There were also Canada and United nations stamps . Everyone I talked to said the UN stamps were garbage but I've been listing UN stuff on ebay and while some don't get any bids some out of nowhere go to the moon

I found 30 sheets of this type in a large envelope 10 sets of 3, I listed them at 2$ and look what happened!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124290863646?ViewItem=&item=124290863646

I'm going to do that 9 more times

Lesson learned . Any time some supposed "authority" tells you a thing is worthless , punch them square in the face

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen bronco in the precious metals section of the forum also. Bronco has his fingers in all kinds of different pies! I wouldn't be surprised is bronco had a treasure chest of valuables stashed away!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bronco, that sounds pretty cool. I was just giving you a little crap
    because you've given us sportscard collectors a little crap over the years.
    I bought a sheet of these dinosaur stamps about a year ago and still haven't
    used any because I like them to much.

• Options

i8(241feedback score: 241) $33.55 15 Aug 2020 at 7:56:27AM PDT
    i
    8(241feedback score: 241) $33.55 15 Aug 2020 at 7:52:14AM PDT
    wa(2329feedback score: 2329) $32.55 15 Aug 2020 at 5:53:05AM PDT
    i
    8(241feedback score: 241) $30.00 15 Aug 2020 at 7:50:58AM PDT
    i8(241feedback score: 241) $10.00 12 Aug 2020 at 1:37:12PM PDT
    c(2236feedback score: 2236) $6.60 15 Aug 2020 at 12:41:58AM PDT
    2***c(2236feedback score: 2236) $5.10 15 Aug 2020 at 12:41:45AM PDT
    Starting Price $1.99 8 Aug 2020 at 7:57:30AM PDT

Yes, the good luck of finding two bidders that really wanted it, and that's what happened here.

Too bad #2236 feedback didn't want it some more, could have maybe popped to over $50 as i have a hunch that #241 feedback seems to had to have it at any reasonable cost.

• Options
    edited August 16, 2020 12:31PM

@stevek said:
    i8(241feedback score: 241) $33.55 15 Aug 2020 at 7:56:27AM PDT
    i
    8(241feedback score: 241) $33.55 15 Aug 2020 at 7:52:14AM PDT
    wa(2329feedback score: 2329) $32.55 15 Aug 2020 at 5:53:05AM PDT
    i
    8(241feedback score: 241) $30.00 15 Aug 2020 at 7:50:58AM PDT
    i8(241feedback score: 241) $10.00 12 Aug 2020 at 1:37:12PM PDT
    c(2236feedback score: 2236) $6.60 15 Aug 2020 at 12:41:58AM PDT
    2***c(2236feedback score: 2236) $5.10 15 Aug 2020 at 12:41:45AM PDT
    Starting Price $1.99 8 Aug 2020 at 7:57:30AM PDT

Yes, the good luck of finding two bidders that really wanted it, and that's what happened here.

Too bad #2236 feedback didn't want it some more, could have maybe popped to over $50 as i have a hunch that #241 feedback seems to had to have it at any reasonable cost.

2236 is a steady buyer of Canadian stamps from me I sent him a message I said wtf Rich you never told me you buy UN stamps , He wins a random auction for canadian stamps at least once a week Im going to seed his next shipment with some UN single stamps . >:)

strategic freebies to steady customers or sometimes one offs can pay big dividends

edited to add , why is that text so damn big? I didn't do that unless starting the line with the hashtag pound sign caused it

• Options

Stevek can use the pound sign but I can't? must be a VIP or something :/

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Stevek can use the pound sign but I can't? must be a VIP or something :/

If you put * on both sides it will come out the way you want . So first * then # then the number then * and you will get #thenumber

• Options

Some very cool stamps listed on your auctions.

But that "1999 Ford Explorer Dana 35 front axle housing and gears 3.73 ratio drop in" is the craziest looking stamp i've ever seen.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Some very cool stamps listed on your auctions.

But that "1999 Ford Explorer Dana 35 front axle housing and gears 3.73 ratio drop in" is the craziest looking stamp i've ever seen.

I sold one of those for $500 2 days after I posted it so I pulled a second one and its been listed for 2 years :D

Explorers are never worth fixing

• Options

Fixed Or Repaired Daily

;)

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found On Road Dead.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@stevek said:
    Fixed Or Repaired Daily

;)

Easy now , I am a ford guy :(

I should qualify , Explorers up to 1994 are great! 1995 on garbage except for the sport trac which is built more like a ranger and is ok

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually had one mailed to me as postage

ps
    I also bought the 3 Bruins ones from you back in May

• Options

@clarke442 said:
    I actually had one mailed to me as postage

ps
    I also bought the 3 Bruins ones from you back in May

oh yeah i remember we are neighbors aren't we :#

i have a lot of them up now plus a few more to go , don't bid on the current one I'm low key trying to steer it to a Philly fan , I put 2 Bernie Parent Cards in it for him by request , well I guess probably not low key :D

I have more to post after this lot if you are interested but no more flyers cards for that other guy , its his only chance :D

• Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

i have a lot of them up now plus a few more to go , don't bid on the current one I'm low key trying to steer it to a Philly fan , I put 2 Bernie Parent Cards in it for him by request , well I guess probably not low key :D

I have more to post after this lot if you are interested but no more flyers cards for that other guy , its his only chance :D

I will keep an eye out for them