Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What coins that are part of the Registry Sets do you think should not be part of the sets?

What coins that are part of the Registry Sets do you think should not be part of the sets? And tell me what Set each coin should not be a part of.
image"Darkside" gold

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Super Duper Really expensive ones.

peacockcoins

• Options
    I've been looking at the 20'Th Century Proof Type set. I am not so sure I agree there should be three Buffalo Nickels. To me the Matte Proof Type 1 covers both the matte type and the Type 1. But there are both matte and brilliant Type 2 Buffalos so I guess I don't feel very strongly about it.

For the opposite question I think the '94 and '98 SMS Jefferson Nickels should be part of the Modern Proof Jefferson Nickel set. Like the Buffalos I think of the matte finish as a proof coin. I've added them to my collection.
  • Options
    20th Century circulation strike with varities no gold.

The SMS coin requirement. I have never considered a SMS to be a business strike coin.
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    The Sacagawea Millenium coin and the Goodacre presentation coin. Why these are included, I'll never know. Why not include the ones that were struck in gold and sent into outer space.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    The Barber half shouldn't be part of the 20th Century set. Gosh, I know that it was minted between 1900 and 1915, but golly it's expensive in MS-65 and that MS-64 drags my average down.

Kind of PO'd about them including that High Relief Peace Dollar as well. What were they thinking????
    Keith ™

• Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    I've had a thread on this before. I've got issues with the Complete Type set inclusion of the 1907 $10 Indian with a rolled edge. That is a high 5 figure coin with only 42 minted, generally as presentation pieces. If you're going to include that one, you might as well throw in the ultra high relief 1907 Double Eagle.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Regarding the various 20th-century Type sets, I do not believe the Accented Hair Kennedy or the "Near Date" SBA should be included.
    Matt
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    The Eisenhower Dollar - Clad Bicentennial, Type 1 and 2 reverse for type sets should be either 1 or 2 but not both.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    The 94 and 97 SMS Jefferson nickels in the struck for ciculation set. Should be in the 65 and up proofs .
    My proof Jeffs
  • Options
    I am OK with the Accent Hair Kennedy being in the 20'th Century With Varities type set. It is a variety. I don't think it is in the basic set.

I must second and third the vote on the 1907 $10 rolled edge Indian. Boot it out!
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Subsetsimageimageimageimage