Home Q & A Forum
Options

2001 kentucky error and a 2007 montana error

RykekentuckyRykekentucky Posts: 1
edited April 21, 2020 5:24AM in Q & A Forum

I got these two coins out of a laundry mat and at first i thought they where just old and beat up but as i looked closer to the kentucky one it looks like it wasn't made after the coin was put into circulation cuz at the slight dip in the neck it doesn't seem to make a cut into it but more like it was made all at the same time to me it makes it look as if hes had his throat cut sorry if i seem morbid but im not sure how you would classify this kind of marking if it really was a error in the coins making to just something that was a fluke or purposely on by someone that had it before me and would like to know what everyone thinks and the other one just looks like to me that it was stuck in a garage disposer but then my friend said as he was looking at it that it had some marking that where very hard to see and other ones that didnt look like they where ever there and i think it just had a fight with the garage disposal but asked if i would ask about it cuz i was interested in seeing what experienced coin collectors thought or if im just really a morbid person but I've taken a lot of pics of the kentucky coin trying to give you the best look at it from the way light hits it to the bend in the coin its self from the mark how ever it was made and a couple pics of the other and can take more if anyone would like me to but i didnt think it was necessary

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both are damaged.

BTW especially for rare and valuable coins, never ever use any thing that can scratch/damage the coin like those tweezers your using.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics