Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs

Babe Ruth Autographed Magazine Flyer

I recently bought a Magazine Flyer that comes with a COA from the Estate auction it was sold at originally in NY. To me the B appears to be off a little bit I would like some opinions on what this may be worth and if it’s legit. I do not have possession of it yet and will update pictures when I get it. Thanks for any and all advice.

Tagged:

Comments

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe that is Ruth's signature.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like it, either.

COAs are worthless unless they represent the opinion of a known and respected expert. And/or if they include a money back guarantee.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked the completed auctions on ebay. That seller has sold at least several magazines from that era with the same signature on it. That alone is a huge red flag.

The item you purchased sold twice in April one day apart. I assume the first buyer backed out immediately and the seller relisted. Not sure if you were the $430 or $100.... :#

There is a service that PSA/DNA offers where you can have them do a quick opinion on an online item. It does not cost very much and is an unofficial assessment of the item. You should do that before bidding on any Babe Ruth signatures.

I don't think there are any bargains on Babe Ruth autographs out there. I did see one come up in a country auction where the provenance was well understood (local dignitary), but those situations are very rare.